|Job Title||Global Enterprise Solutions Manager|
|Registered Since||14 Oct 2004|
|Areas of Expertise||Content Marketing and Strategy, Ecommerce, User Experience and Usability, Web Analytics|
What I do is simply described as "making your website make more sales!"
I have been working in the internet for over 8 years on high profile and high traffic transactional ecommerce sites where I have successfully implemented the full online marketing mix (SEO, PPC, Affiliates and online display advertising) and held responsibility for the online acquisition, customer retention, site branding, online designs, as well as online customer experience.
I have been responsible for all areas of the online operation (marketing, website, sales, experience, production) as well as the full onsite experience, including Production, Look and Feel, Content, Information Architecture and Designs. My key KPIs are Sales, Site Conversion rates and Service Transactions I work up to Board level, across all business units (Marketing, Brand, Sales, Customer Service, IT), as well as external suppliers, to translate business needs into online solutions. I've managed online acquisition, retention and service environments. Career highlights include:
• Increased Online Sales by up to 74%,
• Achieved online site conversion rates of 3.25%, with individual product family conversion rates of 12.33%. Increased conversion rates by over 300%
• Implemented Live Chat sales support capability generating revenues of £350K in 3 months (from a spend of £81K) and converting at 9 x standard site conversion rates
• Realised a £400K saving in call-handling costs in Customer Services through the implementation of new online service functionality and a 90% reduction in related calls.
• Reduced our SEM marketing spend by £1.5 million through a focussed SEO strategy, allowing us to re-allocate and essentially increase our online marketing reach.
• Site awarded Online Retailer of the Year 2007 as voted by readers of Mobile Choice magazine.
I’ve led teams of over 30, across 3 countries and 2 continents, including Designers, Developers, IA's, PM's, IT resources ,Editors, marketing & product specialists, and external suppliers. I’ve defined practices and policies for internal use, as well as for the engagement of third party suppliers, for everything from Web design, campaign briefing and usability testing, to standards validation and compliance.
Interim Head of Digital Strategy at EDF Energy
From January 19, 2009 and still in this role.
Interim Head of Online Sales at BT Business
From July 1, 2008 until December 1, 2008.
E-Business Consultant at Kuoni Travel Ltd
From April 1, 2008 until June 1, 2008.
Head of Online Content at T-Mobile UK
From March 1, 2007 until January 1, 2008.
Head of Online Customer Marketing at O2 UK
From October 1, 2005 until December 1, 2006.
Education and Qualifications
Almost 9 years in high volume (traffic & sales) online businesses with names including O2, T-Mobile, BT Business, eBookers and EDF Energy. See 'Professional Summary' ...
Blog comments by Dermot O'Mahony
- Facebook makes a huge privacy flub - again, 18 Feb 2009
- Accessibility - are 'trustmarks' the answer?, 1 Nov 2006