|Job Title||Co-Founder & Director|
|Organization||Forth Metrics Limited|
|Member Since||5 Jul 2010|
|Areas of Expertise||Content Marketing and Strategy, Web Analytics, Online PR|
Chartered accountant by background with a solid base of accounting and broader financial skills. Left public practice accountancy to work in industry in senior commercial, customer-facing roles with Scottish & Newcastle Plc. Well developed analytical skill-set to drive the commercial agenda with senior teams across the business. Also experienced in corporate finance, both as an advisor and in-house. Advanced investment modelling and valuation disciplines. Left S&N after the £ 9 billion takeover by Heineken/Carlsberg in 2008 when I was part of the deal team.
Now using this rounded experience combined with entrepreneurial drive and commitment to launch and develop an innovative, new-start business in the field of internet analytics. Learning heaps very fast on the job – lean start-up models, software-as-a-service, internet marketing, social media monitoring, content marketing, the semantic web, and much more. Passionate about making things happen and really enjoying being an entrepreneur as part of the exploding opportunity that the web creates for small business development.
Commercial appraisal, strategic planning, financial management, financial modelling, business development , corporate finance, content marketing, web measurement in online PR.
New product website
Education and Qualifications
BA Hons, Economics & Accounting, Durham University
CA, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (prizewinner)
Blog comments by Hugh Anderson
- Blogger engagement: the benefits for brands, 9 Apr 2013
- Five ways agencies can fight downward pressure on fees, 28 Jan 2013
- The high street needs to innovate or die, 21 Jan 2013
- Six content marketing trends to watch this year, 10 Jan 2013
- Seven ways PRs should be helping their clients' SEO strategies, 27 Sep 2012
- Come on PRs, get a grip on SEO, 15 Aug 2012
- Nine tips for awesome blogger relations, 3 Aug 2012
- Q&A: VC Bill Earner on how startups should pitch for funding, 4 May 2012