|Organization||Brooks Digital Marketing|
|Member Since||1 May 2009|
|Areas of Expertise||Search Marketing - Organic/Natural (SEO), Search Marketing - Paid (PPC), Web Analytics, Web Design, Web Project Management|
Email:Telephone: 05603 145 278
I'm primarily interested in digital marketing. For me that involves looking at web site projects as not just creating pretty pictures but as the development of complete online businesses.
For me a website is an investment, not an expense. I take the goals of the business and the needs of the user and combine them to create websites that deliver results.
Search engine optimisation and search engine marketing forms the foundation for my projects and the monitoring of results and refinement is my ongoing strategy.
The ideal projects are where I'm given the freedom and budget to select the right resources and technologies for the job and just get down to delivering results.
Over the years I've lead and been involved with highly innovative digital projects that have required the solving technical and creative issues.
Some of my best experience was gained at World Archipelago London, an award winning New Media Age magazine top 100 agency, where I was employed as a Senior Digital Project Manager.
I also have formal qualifications in web site design and development from The London University.
I can offer a businesses of all sizes a fully rounded digital marketing consulting service.
Most recent postion until November 2008
Senior project manager for website design and development projects with budgets from 5-150k.
Specialism in data driven projects for major UK Estate agents.
- Proven experience managing complex data driven projects with budgets up to 150k
- Client liaison and project scoping - advising on IA, usability, accessibility, SEO issues
- Advises clients on basic SEO, email marketing and use of analytics packages
- Briefing and management of internal creative and technical teams
- Client management and relationship building
- Authoring of functional specifications, wireframes, sitemaps using Visio, PowerPoint
- Technically aware; a clear understanding of how web technology ‘fits together’
- Current on usability and accessibility standards and best practices.
- Proposal and presentation writing
- Mentored and trained new project management staff
Projects included -
Digital Marketing Consultant at Brooks Digital Marketing
From April 1, 2009 and still in this role.
Senior Digital Project Manager at World Archipelago Internet
From June 1, 2005 until December 31, 2008.
Account Manager at Dotmailer
From June 1, 2004 until June 1, 2005.
Education and Qualifications
Manchester Metropilitan Business School
MSc in Digital Maketing and Communications
Present: 2010 - 2013
2003 – 2004
This was a vocational course for new media professionals that covered a broad range of web skills.
Accessibility, web standards, usability and SEO were all high on the agenda and much of the content was way ahead of its time and laid the foundations for the way I approach projects today.
It also taught me to hand code HTML and make sense of PHP and server technology which has been a blessing when communicating with developers!