|Organization||Job seeking UX, digital and internal communications advocate|
|Registered Since||24 Nov 2012|
|Areas of Expertise||Mobile, Online Customer Service, Community Management, Web Project Management, Customer Experience|
I seek to create and inject passion into my creations. It's the user experience that matters to me - achieving great outcomes for the customer ultimately reaps benefits for the service provider.
I am a digital and internal communications specialist with a background in financial services, FMCG and the public sector. I am fully experienced developing integrated strategies, identification of customer top tasks to inform a customer-oriented information architecture, working with creative and technical teams to develop great customer outcomes.
I am a member of the Socitm Insight 'Better connected' project team that conducts an annual survey of UK local council websites. The 2014 survey is now under way.
- Strategic governance of an organisation's digital estate to create a coherent, customer-oriented presence across multiple channels.
- Social media marketing (strategies, managing communities, social networks, customer service by Twitter, and general engagement)
- Digital marketing management and reporting.
- Website and intranet project management
- User experience development
- Identification of customer top tasks
- Devising information architecture of website and other applications
- Search engine optimisation
- Digital brand management
- Experienced user/manager of content management systems
- Channel shift advocacy and engagement (internal communications)
- Training needs analysis, training delivery and mentoring (internal and external)
- Conducting drop-in social media surgeries to promote digital inclusion, improve skills and community engagement.
- Organising and overseeing unconferences, eg ScotGovCamp 2013.
New Forest Social Media Surgery
I have lately established the New Forest's first social media surgery to help individuals, community groups and small businesses in the National Park to make the most of social media and the internet.
Salford City Council
I was a senior manager in this council's Marketing & Communications department, performing a web evangelism role within the council to promote online service delivery; implemented strategies to deliver business benefits and take-up in the community as par
I undertake digital consultancy on behalf of this organisation, assisting public sector organisations with policy and best practice in website governance, social media, usability and take-up of online services through the development of effective digital
Sheffield City Council
I completed (October 2013) a seven month interim appointment to realign the organisation’s web and social media estate in readiness for a transition to a 'digital by default' channel shift strategy. Recommendations made on the introduction of a strategic
Blog comments by John Fox
- 20 inspirational Twitter wallpapers you should copy, 14 Nov 2013
- Are companies burying their heads in the sand about digital?, 5 Nov 2013
- Goodbye LinkedIn answers, hello more Group spam?, 27 Jan 2013