|Job Title||Founder / Chief Developer|
|Registered Since||4 Sep 2000|
|Areas of Expertise||Ecommerce, Web Design|
I'm the Founder & Chief Developer at namesuppressed, a developer of Photoshop plug-ins for Windows. namesuppressed is best known for the Softener & Plaid Lite plug-in effects, as well as the Kenny Translator website (featured on BBC World radio).
From 2000-2010 I also worked at Econsultancy, notably as Researcher contributing to the Internet Statistics Compendium in 2009.
Personal site and occasional blog, with posts about tech marketing, startups and software development / microISVs.
Tracking my music listening habits: mostly Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails, The Prodigy.
A personal feed with thoughts on the tech industry, mostly about online marketing (particularly software marketing). Sometimes I throw in juicy stats or news I've discovered. Sometimes I go off topic and chat about music, politics, or philanthropy.
I launched namesuppressed officially in 2002, a compilation of my various side projects. Best known for its Photoshop Plug-ins, not quite as well known for its South Park Kenny Translator or electronic music.
Chief Developer at namesuppressed
From January 1, 2002 and still in this role.
Researcher at Econsultancy
From June 1, 2000 until January 1, 2010.
Education and Qualifications
Bachelor of Computer & Mathematical Sciences (University of Western Australia)
Blog comments by Kohan Ikin
- 15 desirable features for ‘Twitter Pro’, 14 Apr 2010
Forum posts by Kohan Ikin
- iPhone apps over 10mb - a bad idea?, 2 Dec 2009
- What drives the adoption of consumers 'buying online?', 19 Apr 2006
- L-Mail advice, 4 Oct 2004
- Remembering A time, 7 Jul 2004
- Online Marketing – toolbox of approaches, 29 Oct 2003
- Advertising Online (failing with monster.co.uk), 10 Sep 2003
- In need of advice, 29 Jun 2003
- Ten Steps To Email Marketing Success, 2 Jun 2002