|Job Title||Chief Executive Officer|
|Registered Since||29 Jan 2013|
|Areas of Expertise||Social|
Telephone: 020 7592 1200
Address: 1000 Lakeside, North Harbour, Western Road, Portsmouth, PO6 3EN, United Kingdom
Since forming the company in 2000, Integritie has developed into a world leading image and content management and cloud service, with customers in 35 countries.
Integritie's activities include the design, implementation, and support of image, social media and content management solutions.
Integritie differentiate with our expertise in the areas of:
- Automation of the capture process, turning paper into data, removing the need for people to manually index and process paper and documents,
- Consolidating many image and content management systems into one single secure shared service, onpremise and in the cloud, consolidating data, and merging many content systems into one single shared service.
- image and content management Cloud, with prebuit business applications for banking, finance, insurance, government, and cross industry applications such as image and content Accounts Payable, HR, Complaints, and Change of Address applications. www.kc-ol.com
- Integritie solutions include information and image capture, data migration, document management, records management, e-Mail compliance and archive, and storage solutions. Integritie provide end to end solutions that Improves customer service, Provides risk mitigation management, Reduces business costs, and Provides data compliance, legal and audit readiness.
Specialties: Banking, Finance, Insurance, Government, Health, Retail, Manufacturing industry leading Cloud, focused on digital mail room, Content Shared Service, and Content Management Applications.
Global Image Capture and Content Management system integrators
SMC4 enables companies to capture social media communication to respond to customer needs, ensuring two way real time communication regarding all business needs.
CEO Integritie Group - Leading Social Media, Image, and Content Cloud Solutions
Blog posts by Michael Veenswyk
- Social media: the workflow challenge, 13 Mar 2013
- Why has the financial services sector been slow to adopt social?, 26 Feb 2013