|Job Title||Head of Brand and Communications|
|Member Since||8 Dec 2011|
Natalie Cowen has worked for first direct since July 2007, taking over the role of Head of Brand and Communications in June 2010. Born in South Africa, Natalie began her career in the world of sports marketing launching Cadbury Schweppes’ sports drink brand Energade, where she supported the sponsorships of the national ruby, cricket and hockey teams, as well as local regional teams and individuals.
In 2008 she joined Matthew’s & Charter, Ogilvy & Mather, working across diverse industries such as development finance, travel and tourism, premium carpets, and medical and surgical. After moving to London from South Africa in 2000 she worked for Chime Communications as an account director firstly at advertising agency Roose and Partners and then at Heresy (which subsequently merged with VCCP). During her time at Heresy, Natalie ran the account for IPC Media’s Connect division – creating advertising campaigns for Now magazine, as well as launching weekly real-life title, Pick Me Up. She also led the T.G.I. Friday’s account and successfully ran the pitch for Metro. Natalie made the move up North to be close to family and for a life in the country!
Blog posts and comments by Natalie Cowen
- Who should “own” social media within an organisation? , 17 Jul 2012
- Who should “own” social media within an organisation? , 16 Jul 2012
- It isn’t Facebook’s fault that so many social ad campaigns fail, 4 Jul 2012
- It isn’t Facebook’s fault that so many social ad campaigns fail, 29 Jun 2012
- Measuring PR: impact, evaluation and clipping books, 3 Apr 2012
- Measuring PR: impact, evaluation and clipping books, 19 Mar 2012
- How social media can make CSR more visible, 14 Mar 2012
- How social media can make CSR more visible, 27 Feb 2012
- The rise of the social customer, 20 Feb 2012
- The rise of the social customer, 2 Feb 2012