|Job Title||Director, Business Development, Sedo UK|
|Member Since||29 May 2007|
|Areas of Expertise||B2B Marketing, E-commerce, Social Media, Search Marketing - Paid (PPC), Strategy and Planning|
Address: Sedo UK, New Penderel House, 283-288 High Holborn, 7th Floor, London, WC1V 7HP, United Kingdom
As Sedo's Director of Business Development for UK & Ireland, I established Sedo's UK presence in November 2007. Since then, I've been responsible for new client acquisitions, effective business development strategy and external communication through media/public relations.
My tasks include delivering impactful, clear and innovative messages to support our sales efforts and marketing campaigns through multiple channels including public speaking opportunities and media relations via relevant titles such as The Times, The Observer, The Telegraph, Web User, Brand Republic etc.
Prior to my current role, I was Sedo's International Operations Director at the German headquarters, where I managed the domain monetisation (PPC) teams for Sedo's English-speaking global market (EMEA, UK/Ireland, Australia).
I speak fluent German and hold a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) as well as a Joint BA in European Studies and German. I am an active member of Nominet's Policy Advisory Body (PAB), helping to guide future policy for .uk domain holders and channel feedback from its 2,800 members. In addition, I have recently become a member of Pilotlight, which brings together the passion and expertise of the voluntary sector with corporate business skills to help ensure the sustainability and effectiveness of charitable organizations.
My position involves:
• Developing and executing successful multi-channel external communications, relations and consumer education programmes, including media relations, PR, targeted publications and a public presence at industry events and key stakeholder working groups
• Producing viable business plans, setting the strategy for Sedo UK and mapping these plans against marketing and HRM roadmaps
• Sourcing and leveraging business partnerships to provide mutual value
• Ensuring fully integrated post-sale service delivery
• Developing and maintaining Sedo's high profile
• Setting KPIs and reporting to Sedo’s board of management
Nora Nanayakkara on VNUnet
Nora Nanayakkara discusses digital marketing with domain names, online asset management and the power of direct navigation.
Investing in online real estate - The Guardian Newspaper
Domain investors are the latest breed of dotcom entrepreneur, buying up website domain names - and making their fortune by dealing in them.
Toys R Us pay $5 million for Toys.com
Toy retailer ToysRUs has paid $5.1m (£3.6m) for the Toys.com domain name. It is believed to be the biggest payout for a domain this year but has some way to go to beat the $14m paid for sex.com in 2007 or the $9.5m paid for porn.com. UK domain name se
Elected Member of Policy Advisory Body (PAB) at Nominet
From June 1, 2007 and still in this role.
Director of Operations - UK/International at Sedo GmbH
From June 1, 2005 until November 30, 2007.
Brokerage Manager at Sedo GmbH
From June 1, 2004 until June 1, 2005.
Education and Qualifications
2005 – 2007
* Financial Modelling and Information Systems
* International Marketing
* Operational Product Service Delivery
* International Business Strategy
* International Human Resource Management
* Research Methods
* Management Dissertation