Publisher at Songlines
27 October 2008 11:17am
I'm an independent magazine publisher and we have an elist of around 2,500. We mail this around twice a month, but only through Entourage. We're also considering purchasing a 10,000 email list, for a one-off mailing. Can anyone advise me on the best email marketing application for this size of mailing, which offers good tracking and response stats.
Technical Project Manager (MBA, MBCS, CITP, CEng) at Naxtech.com
27 October 2008 11:47am
10,000 emails is not really much for an email marketing campaign. I think most email marketing applications or services will easily do the job. Our one for instance can easily handle a-few-million long email lists, along with tracking, monitoring, stats, etc down to email address level.
You could have a look at our knowledge-base if you wanted to find out a lot more about our system: http://emarketingkb.naxtech.com/
I hope this helps.
E-Business Consultant at Dan Barker
28 October 2008 15:23pm
hiya, Paul, I always recommend 'Mail Chimp' which uses a pay-as-you-go model + great tracking.
If you're paying a lot for those 10,000 email addresses, a simple tactic is to buy only 10% of the list, broadcast to that & see what happens. If you like the results, buy the other 90%
hope that's useful.
Ecommerce Director and E Consultant at The Gluttonous Gardener
29 October 2008 15:12pm
Do not worry about the size of the list - if they are the right people to target then quality is always better than quantity. You could have a campaign of 100,000 email addresses with a big click through rate, unless they are going to do what you want them to do then its irrelevant.
I can highly recommend Newzapp they are a fantastic emarketing company. We have been using them for over 2 years now, we email out to our customers every month and I spent months trying to find the right software that would give us all the features of a good emarketing software without all of the complicated technical know how. Newzapp create you templates that you simply fill in etc, upload your database and away you go - they have a fantastic live reporting system that you become obsessed with. Best person to ask for is Darren Hepburn. I can honestly say that they have never let us down, are always at the end of the phone and are a pleasure to do business wtih.
Do let me know if you need any more information and good luck!
Ecommerce Director - The Gluttonous Gardener
Publisher at 2N Media Ltd - ModernSelling.com
08 November 2008 11:57am
I'm sure Sally's right and Newzapp are great Paul, so just as an alternative, you might also want to know about Dynamail from www.circdata.com that we use. Getting on for 3 years worth now, weekly or twice weekly mailings of up to 115,000, manage it all ourselves, uploading .html's and data, push the button, see all the reports, download .csv's etc.. No problems, very cost effective, equally nice people - MD is James Ormiston.
Econsultancy's UK Email Marketing Statistics document is one of 11 individual downloads that make up Econsultancy’s UK Internet Statistics Compendium, a comprehensive compilation of statistics and online market research with data, facts, charts and figures that are essential to understanding the marketplace as a whole.
Free market research on digital marketing
Daily Pulse: award winning newsletter
It takes 30 seconds to register