LONDON, UK – Nominations are now being accepted for the annual EPIC Awards given by Teradata (NYSE:TDC), the leading analytic data solutions company. The awards recognise Teradata customers, including government agencies, who use innovative solutions to discover critical customer and business insights and create competitive advantage. Awards are also given to Teradata partners demonstrating commitment to driving business success through Teradata platforms and have made outstanding contributions to Teradata and its customers. There are three new awards categories for Teradata partners this year.
“Our Teradata EPIC Awards acknowledge outstanding achievement in the use of data or analytics to create business value. We recognise Teradata customers for their leadership and innovation in implementing data and analytics solutions, and the high-performance joint solutions of our partners,” said Teradata Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing and Information Officer Bob Fair. “This is an opportunity for customers and partners who can quantify the value gained from their investment in integrated data warehousing, big data analytics or business applications, to gain the recognition that they deserve.”
Teradata honors both customers (and their partners, where appropriate), and Independent Software Vendors (ISV) and Systems Integrators (SI) partners. The six Teradata EPIC Awards categories for customers, and last year’s winners, are:
• Analytical Excellence. McCain Foods Limited
• Customer Insights and Engagement. Telenor Pakistan
• Integrated Marketing Management. United Rentals
• Integrated View of the Business. KPN N.V. and Cognizant Technology Solutions
• Operational Excellence. Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
• On the Edge. HealthTrust Purchasing Group and HCA Information Technology and Services
Independent Software Vendors and Systems Integrators who have made outstanding contributions to Teradata and its customers, and who have demonstrated a proven commitment to driving business success through Teradata platforms, are also recognized.
The five award categories for this year, and last year’s winners, are:
• Enterprise Intelligence. (new category)
• Big Data Intelligence. (new category)
• Business Insight. (new category)
• Collaborative Demand. Capgemini (SI Consulting Partner) and Tableau Software (ISV Partner)
• Partner-Driven Wins. IBM Global Business Services – Business Analytics and Optimization (SI Consulting Partner) and SAS (ISV).
The deadline for nominations is July 19. Customer nominations will be evaluated by a panel of independent judges, who will determine winners and finalists based on the implementation’s demonstrated strategic importance to the business. Partner nominations will be evaluated by a panel of Teradata judges to determine winners and finalists. Winners will be announced at an awards celebration held during the Teradata 2013 PARTNERS Conference in October. The website for all information on this program is www.teradataepicawards.com.
Teradata EPIC Awards Given in Recognition of Excellence (2012 Winners)
Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC) is the world’s leading analytic data solutions company, focused on integrated data warehousing, big data analytics, and business applications. Teradata's innovative products and services deliver data integration and business insight to empower organizations to make the best decisions possible and achieve competitive advantage. Visit teradata.com for details.
Published on: 4:01PM on 17th June 2013