This is the first Econsultancy CMS Survey Report, carried out in association with Squiz.net, and contains a comprehensive analysis of the landscape for Content Management Systems.
The research gives an insight into the key features of content management systems, how much companies are currently spending on their CMS, the type of software used, satisfaction with different types of CMS and barriers to successful implementation ... plus much more.The 43-page report is based on an online survey of more than 800 respondents, and was live during March and April 2009. Respondents include both client-side (in-house) organisations currently using a CMS, and supply-side respondents (those working for CMS vendors or for third parties implementing CMS).
The report findings are divided into the following sections:
- Purpose of CMS and key features
- Spending and value
- Type of CMS and vendor selection
- Barriers to success
- Just over a quarter of companies surveyed use their CMS primarily for publishing, while slightly fewer (23%) use it mainly for marketing purposes.
- Over half of companies (53%) are spending less than £5,000 on their CMS licence annually.
- Only 18% of respondents rate their CMS as 'excellent' for ease of use.
- The majority of companies (60%) use proprietary software as their CMS, while 31% use either open source CMS (24%) or 'supported open source' (7%).
- The difficulty in using a CMS is deemed to be the biggest reason for an unsuccessful CMS implementation.
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more details about what is in the report.
How much does this report cost?
You can purchase just this report for $695.
However, become a Small Business subscriber and you get total access to all our research for as little as $795.
As a Small Business subscriber you get complete access to 700+ of our research reports for a whole year. This includes all past research and all the new research we publish during the year.
Get access to Econsultancy's multi award-winning research and guides. You join our community of the world's leading digital marketing and e-commerce practitioners. Read testimonials from other subscribers to see how valuable they find Econsultancy as a resource to help them become smarter digital marketers.
Cheapest and fastest way to get this report: Become a Small Business subscriber now »
Consider your options: Find out more about why you should subscribe