|Date||9:30am 18th April – 4:30pm April 19 2013|
|Venue||Etc Venues, Moorgate, London, United Kingdom|
About the course
This intensive two-day course is a great place to start your digital marketing training. It gives marketers a complete overview the digital marketing landscape including all the essential disciplines, how they fit together and how to assess what’s right for your strategy and where you need further in-depth learning.
Fast Track Digital Marketing is Econsultancy’s most popular course globally and it’s been rebuilt from the ground up in 2013 to take into account the very latest considerations facing organisations in their digital marketing.
The course helps make sense of the rise of digital by examining the technological evolution that has driven social and behavioural change. Many of the implications are yet to be known but a robust strategic approach that experienced offline marketers will recognise will be presented to help everyone involved in digital approach its themes with rigour.
The aim of the course is to equip delegates with the confidence, the tools and the techniques to build the right digital strategy for their organisations, including:
- Search Engine Marketing (content) and Paid Search
- Display and Interactive Media
- Social Media - video, social media outreach, online PR
- Affiliate marketing
- Usability and Web Design
- Conversion Rate Optimisation
- Email Marketing
- Social Media
- Data, tracking and measurement
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for those with experience of traditional, offline, marketing but less exposure to online marketing channels, or those with experience in specific digital disciplines, who want to know how different channels can fit together. It’s equally refreshing and rewarding for people who have been “doing” digital for some time but want to set their experiences in context and discover new approaches.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you will have:
- Understood the general changes happening in marketing rather than seeing ‘digital’ as an additional channel to cope with
- Been energised and instilled with the confidence to use digital marketing as a part of your marketing mix
- Learned structures and frameworks to help plan your digital marketing efforts and make it all fit together
- Had the input of an expert trainer to answer questions and explore the immediate challenges you’re facing, as well as the opportunity to network and learn from others
- Realised how much you already know and enjoyed sharing your knowledge with others
- Had an enjoyable, thought-provoking two days!
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Weave together acquisition and retention tools to deliver an efficient digital marketing strategy
- Try out all the key techniques for yourself using a range of tricks, tips, website tools, links and handy guides
- Approach the commissioning of digital services with more knowledge and confidence and be able to deflect trendy jargon
- Choose specific courses to learn more about particular topics
- Approach the future of digital marketing with confidence
- Return to your job with a solid list of ‘todos’ to get on with
What will I learn?
The course is broken down into manageable modules most of which include either exercises or case studies for you to work through.
The Cultural Shift
- Understanding the New World
- Setting the Scene
- Conversation Culture
- Digital society
The Strategic View
- Strategy and Planning
- Becoming media companies
- Inbound Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Experimental and iterative marketing
- Data driven culture
- Integrated on/offline marketing
Search Engine Marketing
- How the Internet invented search
- Strategies for Search Engine Optimisation
- Key principles
- Paid search
Display and Interactive Media
- The role of display advertising
- Display formats and how to use them
- Strategy and planning
- Targeting and measurement
- A look to the future
- What is content?
- Social media outreach
- Online PR
- Your Content Strategy
- Who are affiliates
- The business model
- Successful strategies
- The mobile landscape
- Why most apps fail
- Mobile conversion
Usability and web design
- Conversion optimisation
- Building for usability
- User testing
- Smarter email marketing
- Goal setting
- List quality
- Segmentation and targeting
- Creative design
- Legal compliance
- Why does it matter?
- What can you measure?
- Who owns analytics?
- The future of analytics
Steffan Aquarone is a leading online marketing expert, technology entrepreneur and digital marketing consultant.
At just 20 years of age Steff was a founding director of a Top 50 digital agency. As Managing Director he developed content for Land Rover, Vodafone, Massey Ferguson and American Express as well as leading the business through its first five years.
Steff is currently working on mobile technology startup as well as with global brands, helping them develop elements of their digital strategies. He leads digital marketing courses for Econsultancy and writes regularly on the future of the web.
Steff is also a successful film producer, co-owning feature-film production company Immense Productions with best-selling comedy writer Guy Browning. Tortoise in Love comes out in cinemas summer 2012.
Steff is an unflappable operator who can make things happen against the highest odds and speaks regularly to audiences about the highs and lows of business, entrepreneurship and the power of digital marketing. He is represented by JLA, graduated from the University of Warwick with a BA (Hons) in 2006 and became a fellow of the Royal Society of Arts in 2007.
; 0207 269 1470
If you're looking to develop your skills or knowledge in specific digital channels, we run a range of essential courses for disciplines such as Email Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Marketing, Social Media & Online PR, Web Project Management and many, many more!