|Date||9:00am 24th October – 5:00pm October 25 2012|
|Venue||Marketing Institute of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore|
|Trainer||Eu Gene Ang|
About the course
This 2 day introductory course will provide you with a solid grasp of the mobile marketing landscape, examine the sector’s rapid evolution and consider current and future trends. By focusing on practical skills and cutting-edge case studies, you will leave with a thorough knowledge of mobile best practice as it currently stands and valuable insights into how to develop your company’s mobile strategy.
Mobile is rapidly transforming everthing that’s digital and will soon become an essential part of any digital marketing strategy. Mobile is ubiquitous, highly personal, always carried by the customer, constantly switched on, has a built in payment mechanism, it’s there at the point of creative impulse, and can recount the audience down to the individual person if needs be. It is the most personal form of communication that exists in the digital age, and is set to become the de facto means of accessing the web in the very near future.
By focusing on practical skills and cutting-edge case studies, you will leave with a thorough knowledge of mobile best practice as it currently stands and valuable insights into how to develop your company’s mobile strategy.
Who should attend?
The course is ideal for marketing professionals, management staff and business owners looking for an intensive introduction to using mobile within a broader marketing strategy.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Understand mobile within integrated marketing
• Develop your own mobile strategy
• Take advantage of the mobile Internet
• Implement mobile campaigns from delivering SMS, to mobile web CMS, to planning and buying mobile advertising
• Promote mobile creative and explore the key creative challenges for mobile marketing
• Measure and optimising mobile
• Learn about navigations and best practices, including legal and security issues
• Pitch Mobile and how to make the business and marketing case for mobile.
• Develop a campaign plan covering both B2B and consumer marketing, and from traditional to mcommerce
What will I learn?
This 2-day course covers:
SETTING THE STAGE
- The technology, smartphones and the rest
- The mobile internet
HOW MOBILE IS ENHANCING & CHANGING THE DIGITAL LANDSCAPE
- Global and local trends
- Implications for business and marketing
- The rise of smartphones (Apple, Android), HTML5 browser, geo locational data, and more
- Winners and losers in mobile
THE MOBILE TOOLKIT
- Mobile advertising, mobile search, mobile web and mobile apps
- Mobile social networks, mobile’s role in all social networks
- Geo-location, going local with mobile
- SMS (still the king), MMS, QR mobile barcodes, Bluetooth, NFC, NFC – GPS
- Mcommerce, mobile and retail
- Mobile ticketing
DEVISING AN EFFECTIVE MOBILE STRATEGY
- Building a mobile strategy, what is it?
- Steps in creating a mobile strategy & strategic roadmap for deployment
- Tips based on what works and doesn’t
- Measuring Messaging, SMS Tracking, mobile web analytics
- Integrated message platforms
- Mcommerce measurements
- Non response based measures
MOBILE FOR ALL TYPES OF BUSINESS
- How do I start?
- What’s best for my size of business?
- Mobile B2B & Mobile on a budget
- Smartphones, tablets and what’s beyond
- Transactional phones (your mobile wallet)
- Augmented reality, gaming on mobile
- The web that fits in your pocket
- The mobile society
- Location based services
- 3Ps of mobile
- The mobile opportunity
- Multichannel mobile
- Mobile CRM
- The user journey
- Mobile regulations
- Creativity with mobile
Eu Gene Ang
Founder and Principal Trainer, Click Academy Asia
Eu Gene Ang founded and managed a highly regarded regional digital agency based in Singapore which was a finalist in Marketing Magazine’s Digital Agency of the Year 2011 award in Singapore. He provides digital marketing consulting and training to global clients like Siemens, Fujitsu, Estee Lauder, Sennheiser, Samsung, Bausch & Lomb, and regional firms like Digi, Marie France, Kurnia, Lunch Actually, OCBC, Singapore Polytechnic, Nanyang Technological University among others.
Prior to this, Eu Gene has spent 15 years in marketing and sales in top global firms like 3M, FedEx and DHL. Eu Gene is a Qualified Google AdWords individual and Certified in Advanced Search Engine Marketing and Top SEO Placement awarded by Search Engine Workshops. Eu Gene specializes in digital strategy, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Social Media Marketing (SMM) and analytics, and holds a Master In Business Administration (MBA), Marketing, from the Nanyang Technological University, and Bachelor in Business Administration (Marketing), BBA (1st Class Honours) from the National University of Singapore.
Marketing Institute of Singapore
For any queries please contact 6327 7586 / 583 / 58 or