These are a selection of the mobile best practice posts we’ve published in the past few months. They include articles by own own staff as well as our excellent guest bloggers.
These posts look at examples of optimised marketing messages, and the growing inportance of mobile for email.
- Fashion retailers are still failing to optimise email marketing for mobile
- Responsive email design: 10 great examples
- Responsive email design: five case studies and an infographic on how it improves engagement
- Marketers still need to work on mobile email: stats
- 41% of email is now opened on mobile devices
Some useful best practice tips to improve mobile product pages, checkouts and more…
- How can retailers use mobile to drive sales and improve their bottom line?
- What do shoppers need to see on mobile product pages?
- Mobile checkouts: how user-friendly are the top 10 US retailers?
- Mobile commerce: what do consumers really want?
- Eight brilliant mobile product pages
- ASOS’s new mobile site is usable but unspectacular
- Can customers reset passwords on your mobile site?
- Mobile commerce now accounts for 23% of online sales: report
This is another area, like mobile email, which is becoming more and more important.
- 30+ compelling mobile search statistics
- Hotel websites prove to be well prepared for boom in mobile search
- 17% of searches for flights are mobile, but are the travel sites?
- Four mobile SEO mistakes you shouldn’t be making
- Google: avoid ‘download app’ pop-ups or lose mobile search rankings
- Mobile is almost as popular as desktop for travel research: report
First we had the rush of brands and retailers to mobile, now it’s time for some to smarten up the user experience to maximise conversion rates.
- Are travel brands making it easy for mobile users to contact them?
- Tastecard: a mobile user experience review
- How usable are the UK’s top 10 mobile sites?
- Reducing customer struggle: get mobile right the first time
- 12 usability flaws that are spoiling the mobile web
- LINE: what can you learn from the mobile content hub you’ve never heard of?
- 10 simple tips for improving mobile form UX
- 12 surefire ways to increase conversions on mobile devices
- Mobile web: lack of functionality and site speed seen as main UX issues
- 16 drop-dead gorgeous examples of mobile design inspiration
- Which mobile network has the most usable website?
What are the big decisions when deciding on a mobile strategy?
- So you have a mobile site. What happens next?
- Brands face up to key mobile optimisation decisions
- Speed and security: how to win the mobile race
- Three tips from Google to win on mobile: #IMW13
- Five requirements for a mobile media strategy, and how the UK’s news sites meet them
- Google’s five questions every business should address on mobile strategy
- Tightly regulated: how does a Swiss bank go mobile?
- Mobile strategy for small businesses in three easy steps
- 4G war to drive mobile customer experience trends
Some examples of mobile campaigns for inspiration…
- Six great examples of mobile marketing campaigns
- 10 questions you should ask when choosing a mobile DSP
- Three ways for marketers to grow, maintain and drive business with mobile CRM
- Three steps to mobile marketing mastery
- Mobile marketers must reach for the stars
- 60% of businesses are integrating mobile into wider marketing activities: report
What makes a great mobile app?
- ASOS’s new Android mobile app is a dream and a curse for fashion shoppers
- Six ingredients of a great mobile app
- How to make the most of video on mobile
- Engagement with mobile video is three times higher than desktop: stats
Responsive design has been one of the hottest topics on our blog in ther past 12 months. Here are a few of our round up posts…
- What is responsive design and do you really need it?
- 10 brilliant examples of responsive design in ecommerce
- 14 brands that increased conversion rates via responsive design
- 13 inspirational examples of travel sites using responsive design
- 10 great examples of responsive design from around the world
Mobile in multichannel
Mobile is key to the multichannel experience as it’s an effective way of tying up online and offline sales channels.
The technology for tracking customers across various touchpoints still isn’t perfect, but these posts detail how brick-and-mortar stores are making use of mobile technology.
- 10 inspiring uses of mobile in retail
- Why mobile apps and in-store wi-fi are central to B&Q’s omnichannel retail strategy
- Should brands add NFC into the mobile marketing mix?
- Eight ways estate agents can make the most of mobile
- Why mobile is key to an effective multichannel strategy
- Seven ways that restaurants can take advantage of mobile
- Eight mobile push notification mistakes to avoid
- Four ways to improve the customer experience through mobile loyalty
- The five types of mobile-assisted shoppers [infographic]
Everyone loves a stat…
- Mobile users less likely to visit high street stores: stats
- Apps, email and search are among top mobile priorities for businesses: report
- US mobile paid search spend up 66% year-on-year: stats
- Rich media mobile ads are four times as effective as banner ads: report
- Mobile adspend up 127% to £429m in first half of 2013
- Mobile search spend up 132% year-on-year: report
- Mobile now accounts for 18% of sales for affiliate marketers: stats
- Just 13% of businesses implement personalisation on mobile
And finally, here are the mobile reports that Econsultancy has published this year.
- Mobile Marketing and Commerce Report 2013
- Mobile Commerce Compendium
- Mobile Statistics section of the Internet Statistics Compendium
- Mobile Experience Trends Briefing: Digital Cream London 2013
- Mobile Marketing: Australia
- Mobile Sophistication and Strategy Report
- Paid Search Marketing (PPC) – Best Practice Guide: Mobile Paid Search Marketing