1. Introduction Digital advertising has grown to become the largest advertising medium in the UK, and is expected to represent 50% of total advertising spend across the world as early as 2019. Thanks to people spending more time than ever online, the uniquely low barriers to entry and the wealth of data that digital advertising […]
Digital advertising: which trends will dominate 2021?
From the increased prominence of digital and programmatic to an emphasis on advertising flexibility, resilience and agility, here are some themes that our experts believe will define advertising in 2021.
Advertising & coronavirus
The ongoing coronavirus pandemic is impacting every part of our lives, from the places we can go to the way we spend our time, to the priorities we have and the way we spend our money.
With office workers at home for the majority of 2020, it’s not a surprise that out-of-home advertising has been hit hard.
From digital ad spend overtaking traditional and the growth of mobile to the most resilient advertising channels during the Covid-19 pandemic, here are 13 stats that show how advertising is changing in 2020 and beyond.
The organization responsible for the consistent application of the GDPR across Europe has weighed in on two of the most controversial issues in GDPR compliance: the use of so-called cookie walls and scrolling to obtain consent from users.
Google plans to block third-party cookies in its Chrome browser by 2022 and the ad industry is up in arms.
As we look ahead to 2021, the advertising industry’s attention is turning once again to a world without cookie-based measurement and targeting. How should the industry adapt, and what trends will come to the fore? We asked some experts in data and advertising for their predictions.
Over the past year, the marketing and advertising industry has been abuzz with talk of a ‘cookiepocalypse’.
An overview of digital advertising, how it works and how to align it to your customer journey. The various buying and targeting options; the technology and key enablers, and native advertising.
How sophisticated tracking techniques are giving marketers better ways to target consumers.
Understand what programmatic means and the key terminology for marketers.
How the video advertising market provides new targeting and content opportunities.
The key types, how they appear to users, and the rich data targeting capabilities.
10 tips for success in optimising programmatic media.
Learn how to actively get your message in front of the right people through all forms of paid, earned, owned and shared activity; and how technology is accelerating opportunity.
1. Introduction This report is aimed at providing guidance on setting up and running a highly effective programmatic campaign in the present climate. It is intended as an informational tool for advertisers who run their ads programmatically, as an audit guide for agencies that deliver the programmatic activity and as a best practice manual for […]
1. Executive Summary It has been suggested that programmatic advertising is getting boring. And this is a good thing. The programmatic sector seems to be moving from edgy, seat-of-your-pants entrepreneurialism towards staid and reliable big business (characterised by Verizon’s purchase of AOL). Advertisers will be forgiven for not quite agreeing with this view as many […]
Out of home (OOH) advertising has been one of the hardest-hit channels during the pandemic – but significant recovery is forecast for next year. Jean-Christophe Conti, CEO of VIOOH, a global marketplace for out of home, explains why he believes programmatic OOH will be key to this recovery and to the future of the medium.
1. Introduction This guide has been written to complement Econsultancy’s Social Media Strategy Best Practice Guide, Social Media Platforms Overview, B2B Social Media Best Practice Guide and Paid Search Best Practice Guide. The purpose of this guide is to provide an overview of the opportunities, risks and the required investment of time, effort and budget […]
Direct-to-consumer (DTC) brands are often in the privileged position of having full control of their marketing. Many have grown through in-house expertise starting in paid search and developed into social.
ByteDance, the company behind the wildly popular short video app TikTok, is a rapidly rising star in the Chinese tech scene.
Share Our Strength partners with location technology company GroundTruth to add mobile ad targeting to its ‘Dine for No Kid Hungry’ campaign, driving 26,857 visits to participating restaurants.
The magazine worked with RocketMill to boost year-on-year subscriptions and cut CPA by 62% by targeting new users with Facebook Ads as well as Instagram in-feed and Story ads.
Toyota Europe works with The&Partnership to build a platform that can tailor ads in real time based on audience preferences, leading to a 19% YoY increase in consideration for the AYGO car.
Location data is a valuable commodity and its value is only increasing as the war on cookies intensifies and some marketers embrace it as a “cookie for the real world”.
Location, location, location. Advertisers know it’s important, which is why they often target users by their location. Location represents more than a place; from it, advertisers often make inferences about everything from intent to demographic characteristics.
According to BIA/Kelsey, location data will be used in upwards of $38bn of mobile ad spend in the US this year, but unfortunately for marketers paying to reach consumers in specific locations, the evidence suggests that much of the location data being used in location-based ad targeting is not only inaccurate but totally fraudulent.
Audio and podcasts
In 2005, Apple integrated podcasts into iTunes, and Steve Jobs referred to the channel as being like “TiVo for radio”.
We are currently in a new age of audio opportunity and potential.
According to Canalys, global smart speaker usage is forecast to grow 82.4% in 2019, rising from 114 million units in 2018 to 207.9 million this year. In the UK, specifically, the number of smart speaker users is predicted to grow 31.6% to 12.6 million also in 2019.
Lesley Duncan is the strategy director at ForwardPMX, a brand performance agency. We caught up with Lesley to find out how Covid-19 has impacted her working life.
In today’s ‘Day in the Life’, Alistair Schoonmaker, founder & MD of new creative agency, Ultra Brand Studio, chats about working life during Covid, and what it was like launching a business during lockdown.
We recently spoke with Jake Welsh, Executive Creative Director at Dept, to find out how he has been navigating the past few months. Here’s what he had to say on the challenges of remote working for agencies, the so-called ‘need for offices’, and what strategy at Dept looks like now.
1. Introduction Video has grown in importance for marketers over recent years, fuelled by the growth in more sophisticated smartphones, greater mobile penetration, improved download speeds and a wealth of distribution platforms in the form of social media. This is reflected in research by Wyzowl, showing that the number of businesses using video as a […]
Foreword Welcome to Adobe’s Digital Trends report, our annual survey of marketing, advertising, ecommerce, creative and technology professionals around the world. Now in its 10th year, Digital Trends continues to reveal the most significant shifts in the industry that are driving marketing strategies, company investment and consumer behaviour. This tenth edition of the report gives […]
Advertising statistics – explore the ISD
Keep up to date with the latest advertising statistics via the Internet Statistics Database. Browse, save and export charts as you go.