1. Introduction Digital advertising has grown to become the largest advertising medium in the UK, and is expected to represent 50% of total advertising spend across the world as early as 2019. Thanks to people spending more time than ever online, the uniquely low barriers to entry and the wealth of data that digital advertising […]
Advertising & coronavirus
The ongoing coronavirus pandemic is impacting every part of our lives, from the places we can go to the way we spend our time, to the priorities we have and the way we spend our money.
Some observers are expressing skepticism about brands’ motives for boycotting Facebook advertising.
As lockdown slowly lifts, the travel and hospitality industry is intensely focused on implementing the proper measures to keep consumers safe.
The organization responsible for the consistent application of the GDPR across Europe has weighed in on two of the most controversial issues in GDPR compliance: the use of so-called cookie walls and scrolling to obtain consent from users.
Google plans to block third-party cookies in its Chrome browser by 2022 and the ad industry is up in arms.
Over the past year, the marketing and advertising industry has been abuzz with talk of a ‘cookiepocalypse’.
An overview of digital advertising, how it works and how to align it to your customer journey. The various buying and targeting options; the technology and key enablers, and native advertising.
How sophisticated tracking techniques are giving marketers better ways to target consumers.
Understand what programmatic means and the key terminology for marketers.
How the video advertising market provides new targeting and content opportunities.
The key types, how they appear to users, and the rich data targeting capabilities.
10 tips for success in optimising programmatic media.
Learn how to actively get your message in front of the right people through all forms of paid, earned, owned and shared activity; and how technology is accelerating opportunity.
1. Introduction This report is aimed at providing guidance on setting up and running a highly effective programmatic campaign in the present climate. It is intended as an informational tool for advertisers who run their ads programmatically, as an audit guide for agencies that deliver the programmatic activity and as a best practice manual for […]
1. Executive Summary It has been suggested that programmatic advertising is getting boring. And this is a good thing. The programmatic sector seems to be moving from edgy, seat-of-your-pants entrepreneurialism towards staid and reliable big business (characterised by Verizon’s purchase of AOL). Advertisers will be forgiven for not quite agreeing with this view as many […]
The advent of programmatic trading has revolutionised online advertising by allowing ad placements to be bought rapidly, efficiently and automatically.
1. Introduction This guide has been written to complement Econsultancy’s Social Media Strategy Best Practice Guide, Social Media Platforms Overview, B2B Social Media Best Practice Guide and Paid Search Best Practice Guide. The purpose of this guide is to provide an overview of the opportunities, risks and the required investment of time, effort and budget […]
Direct-to-consumer (DTC) brands are often in the privileged position of having full control of their marketing. Many have grown through in-house expertise starting in paid search and developed into social.
ByteDance, the company behind the wildly popular short video app TikTok, is a rapidly rising star in the Chinese tech scene.
Share Our Strength partners with location technology company GroundTruth to add mobile ad targeting to its ‘Dine for No Kid Hungry’ campaign, driving 26,857 visits to participating restaurants.
The magazine worked with RocketMill to boost year-on-year subscriptions and cut CPA by 62% by targeting new users with Facebook Ads as well as Instagram in-feed and Story ads.
Toyota Europe works with The&Partnership to build a platform that can tailor ads in real time based on audience preferences, leading to a 19% YoY increase in consideration for the AYGO car.
Location data is a valuable commodity and its value is only increasing as the war on cookies intensifies and some marketers embrace it as a “cookie for the real world”.
Location, location, location. Advertisers know it’s important, which is why they often target users by their location. Location represents more than a place; from it, advertisers often make inferences about everything from intent to demographic characteristics.
According to BIA/Kelsey, location data will be used in upwards of $38bn of mobile ad spend in the US this year, but unfortunately for marketers paying to reach consumers in specific locations, the evidence suggests that much of the location data being used in location-based ad targeting is not only inaccurate but totally fraudulent.
Audio and podcasts
In 2005, Apple integrated podcasts into iTunes, and Steve Jobs referred to the channel as being like “TiVo for radio”.
We are currently in a new age of audio opportunity and potential.
According to Canalys, global smart speaker usage is forecast to grow 82.4% in 2019, rising from 114 million units in 2018 to 207.9 million this year. In the UK, specifically, the number of smart speaker users is predicted to grow 31.6% to 12.6 million also in 2019.
Goodstuff is described on its website as the fastest growing independent media agency. Partner Simon Wilden joined in 2006 to develop the agency’s data and insight offering. We caught up with him to find out what his average day looks like.
Neil Davidson is CEO at transformative communications agency HeyHuman. We asked him our usual set of questions, to get a feel for how he and his company are adapting to current circumstances. Here we go… Please describe your job: What do you do? I’m CEO and one of the owners of HeyHuman. My focus is […]
Lindsay Turner is CEO of media agency Spark Foundry, part of Publicis. We caught up with her to ask about her typical day, and the demands on her time and skillset. Please describe your job: What do you do? I’m the agency CEO. It is a very wide reaching role from working with clients, to […]
Foreword Welcome to Adobe’s Digital Trends report, our annual survey of marketing, advertising, ecommerce, creative and technology professionals around the world. Now in its 10th year, Digital Trends continues to reveal the most significant shifts in the industry that are driving marketing strategies, company investment and consumer behaviour. This tenth edition of the report gives […]
1. Introduction Over the last two decades a swathe of price comparison websites (PCW) have emerged, offering consumers a one-stop-shop for comparing the prices of a product or service. PCWs act as vertical search engines, aggregating product listings from multiple retailers. PCWs such as uSwitch, Confused.com, MoneySuperMarket and GoCompare are an important part of the marketing […]
1. Introduction This guide has been written to complement Econsultancy’s Social Media Strategy Best Practice Guide, and Content Strategy Best Practice Guide. Its purpose is to provide a snapshot of some of the major social media platforms and the most pressing considerations for marketers looking to generate the most value from social media. It provides […]
Google is to let retailers list products in the search results for free, according to an announcement made by the company on Monday. The change will roll out in the US on mobile, followed by desktop.
Sebastian Gray is Co-Founder and Senior Vice President, Dugout, a media company which works with football clubs, leagues and federations to help repackage, distribute and monetize their video content. We caught up with Gray to find out about his typical day.
Advertising statistics – explore the ISD
Keep up to date with the latest advertising statistics via the Internet Statistics Database. Browse, save and export charts as you go.