Research, Trends and Best Practice
1. Introduction This report investigates the successes, strengths and challenges of Amazon and outlines what marketers across industries can learn from the retail giant. It will also consider what the future holds for Amazon and explore what marketers can learn from the company. With Amazon recently becoming a trillion-dollar company and the only one to […]
1. Introduction Digital advertising has grown to become the largest advertising medium in the UK, and is expected to represent 50% of total advertising spend across the world as early as 2019. Thanks to people spending more time than ever online, the uniquely low barriers to entry and the wealth of data that digital advertising […]
1. Introduction ‘Learning from Digital Disruptors’ defines best practice strategies, tactics and approaches from disruptive brands and businesses and distils key learnings that marketers can usefully apply in their day-to-day roles. The goal was to understand key thinking and innovative techniques and provide some practical guidance on their potential application in order to help marketers […]
1. Introduction In the space of 20 years, Amazon has grown into a $200bn company, selling everything from books to health foods. It is now the fifth largest retailer in the UK according to Verdict, beaten only by four supermarkets. It is estimated to have accounted for a third of all UK spend online in […]
1. Introduction The concept of Black Friday being a single in-store shopping day, taking place the day after US Thanksgiving once the clock has struck midnight, is close to becoming a distant memory. In recent years, sales have extended over the entire week around Thanksgiving, also moving online to encompass Cyber Monday too. And last […]
Amazon: Lessons and Success Stories
This report investigates the successes, strengths and challenges of Amazon and outlines what marketers across industries can learn from the retail giant. It will also consider what the future holds for Amazon and explore what marketers can learn from the company.
Rory O’Connor is the founder and CEO of Scurri, a provider of software that connects and optimises the ecommerce ordering, shipping, and delivery process. Econsultancy caught up with him to find out his view on the long-term trends affecting retail, how retailers have been adapting to the pandemic, and what advice he would give to young junior professionals just entering the industry.
In the second half of 2020, where should search marketers be focusing their strategy, resources and efforts? Rebecca Sentance rounds up seven factors that are set to influence search marketing over the remainder of the year.
The China Internet Report predicts China’s livestreaming market will reach 613 million users in 2020. That makes live commerce big business in China, with more than 900 live-streaming sites now allowing consumers to interact and buy from brands in real-time – a market that, according to forecasts by iiMedia, will reach RMB 916bn by the […]
As we enter the second half of 2020, Dan Barker examines the key trends that are set to shape ecommerce, and how retailers can respond to them.
Four months after Amazon officially closed down its domestic marketplace in China, it has found a way to return to the country.
In 2017, after years of resistance, Nike announced that it would sell shoes and athletic apparel directly on Amazon.
As part of my dissertation for my Master’s in Digital Marketing at King’s College, I thought it would be interesting to find out if voice assistants like Alexa can impact a consumer’s decision while buying fast moving consumer goods (FMCG).
Amazon’s online retail dominance has never been greater, sparking growing concerns about its business practices. But is it possible that the company is actually starting to falter in ways that other businesses can take advantage of?
Stats on Amazon - explore the ISD
The Internet Statistics Database contains dozens of charts and statistics related to Amazon, for you to browse, save and export.