Research, Trends and Best Practice
1. Introduction This report investigates the successes, strengths and challenges of Amazon and outlines what marketers across industries can learn from the retail giant. It will also consider what the future holds for Amazon and explore what marketers can learn from the company. With Amazon recently becoming a trillion-dollar company and the only one to […]
1. Introduction Digital advertising has grown to become the largest advertising medium in the UK, and is expected to represent 50% of total advertising spend across the world as early as 2019. Thanks to people spending more time than ever online, the uniquely low barriers to entry and the wealth of data that digital advertising […]
1. Introduction ‘Learning from Digital Disruptors’ defines best practice strategies, tactics and approaches from disruptive brands and businesses and distils key learnings that marketers can usefully apply in their day-to-day roles. The goal was to understand key thinking and innovative techniques and provide some practical guidance on their potential application in order to help marketers […]
1. Introduction In the space of 20 years, Amazon has grown into a $200bn company, selling everything from books to health foods. It is now the fifth largest retailer in the UK according to Verdict, beaten only by four supermarkets. It is estimated to have accounted for a third of all UK spend online in […]
1. Introduction The concept of Black Friday being a single in-store shopping day, taking place the day after US Thanksgiving once the clock has struck midnight, is close to becoming a distant memory. In recent years, sales have extended over the entire week around Thanksgiving, also moving online to encompass Cyber Monday too. And last […]
Amazon: Lessons and Success Stories
This report investigates the successes, strengths and challenges of Amazon and outlines what marketers across industries can learn from the retail giant. It will also consider what the future holds for Amazon and explore what marketers can learn from the company.
Articles on Amazon
Four months after Amazon officially closed down its domestic marketplace in China, it has found a way to return to the country.
In 2017, after years of resistance, Nike announced that it would sell shoes and athletic apparel directly on Amazon.
As part of my dissertation for my Master’s in Digital Marketing at King’s College, I thought it would be interesting to find out if voice assistants like Alexa can impact a consumer’s decision while buying fast moving consumer goods (FMCG).
Amazon’s online retail dominance has never been greater, sparking growing concerns about its business practices. But is it possible that the company is actually starting to falter in ways that other businesses can take advantage of?
Facing growing scrutiny of its business practices and associated negative headlines, Amazon last year launched a program called FC Ambassadors. The concept: have rank-and-file employees tweet in defense of the company, particularly its warehouse working conditions, compensation and benefits.
Earlier this month, Adobe announced a new partnership with Amazon – Magento Commerce branded stores for Amazon sellers.
Amazon returns will soon be accepted at all 1,150 of Kohl’s department stores across the US.
Retailers trying to fend off Amazon could soon face a big new challenge from the online retail behemoth: free one-day delivery for all Prime members.
Stats on Amazon - explore the ISD
The Internet Statistics Database contains dozens of charts and statistics related to Amazon, for you to browse, save and export.
Articles on Amazon
The consumerization of healthcare has organizations in the market rethinking the ways they engage with patients.
It’s well-established that Amazon is the first place a majority of consumers turn when they want to search for products. But what happens when brands successfully lure consumers to their websites?
Thousands of Amazon suppliers are panicking as the online retail giant has abruptly halted large numbers of wholesale orders.
It’s been nearly two years since Amazon was poised to launch its B2C ecommerce platform throughout Asia-Pacific. How well has it gone – and should marketplaces and brands still be worried?
Amazon might be online retail’s 800-pound gorilla, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t face significant challenges and threats to its business.
For pure play retailers, or brands that started out solely in the ecommerce space, brick-and-mortar retail is now an enticing proposition.
With limited fanfare, Amazon has built a multi-billion dollar advertising business that some observers believe could not grow at the expense of digital advertising’s so-called duopolists, Google and Facebook, but one day even threaten their dominance.
Paid search marketing is known in the marketing and advertising industry by many different names (and abbreviations).