1. Introduction This report is designed to provide marketers and innovation practitioners with practical guidance and advice on how to apply key principles and behaviours that sit at the heart of agile ways of working in order to support innovation and experimentation as well as greater organisational and team agility. With societal, market, competitive and […]
96% of marketing leaders say that Covid-19 lockdowns increased the priority of digital transformation at their company.
This 60 minute analyst session covers:
- What factors are driving digital transformation
- What lessons can be learnt from the pandemic to support digital transformation and ways of working for the future
- Overcoming the barriers to a great digital experience
- The need for agility and innovation and putting this into practice
If you are interested in booking a session with us or want to know more, please contact: email@example.com
1. Introduction The question of how leadership is changing in a digitally empowered world is a consistent theme in subscriber feedback and the digital transformation work that Econsultancy does with clients. 2015 saw the publication of Econsultancy’s initial research and report into Effective Leadership in the Digital Age, which was designed to provide insight into […]
1. Introduction 1.1 Foreword A big thank you to everyone who took part in our research! Predicting the future is difficult at the best of times… but at Econsultancy we are always up for a challenge! We launched our new trends report in 2018 to shed some light into the future of marketing. Based on […]
1. Introduction This report is designed to provide marketers with practical guidance and advice on how best to manage change in the context of rapidly shifting technology, consumer behaviour and market dynamics. It is written for senior and mid-level marketers who want to understand how to navigate change within their own teams or the most […]
1. Introduction Digital technologies have brought significant shifts in customer behaviour and competitive dynamics. This, in combination with the greater levels of unpredictability in customer, societal and market contexts as a result of the pandemic, mean that many businesses are facing unprecedented challenges. Thriving in this new environment requires an organisational culture that is both […]
1. Introduction Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, an increasing number of organisations is ordering their workforces to work from home for the foreseeable future, meaning many businesses and teams are facing new and unprecedented challenges. Econsultancy has created this Best Practice Guide to provide marketers with the essential techniques to empower successful and powerful remote […]
1. Introduction Econsultancy has been investigating the topic of marketing knowledge and skills for more than 20 years. In that time, we have conducted multiple research studies and interviewed thousands of marketing leaders and practitioners about the human capabilities required for success. One thing that has become clear is that some of the most important requirements for […]
1. Introduction The modern marketer’s dilemma “After several years of long Christmas lists to Santa, this year my girls could not think of anything they wanted. It dawned on me; my kids are not seeing marketing encouraging them to want things. My job and the jobs of future global marketers are getting more challenging. We […]
For the last 10 years I’ve picked out the digital and marketing trends and developments which I believe will shape the industry and digital/marketing planning and thinking in the year ahead.
Every year I pick out the digital and marketing trends and developments which I believe will shape the industry and digital/marketing planning and thinking in the year ahead.
1. Introduction The global coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic has had an unprecedented impact, affecting almost every aspect of daily life. Measures taken to slow the spread of the virus around the world have brought with them remarkable economic losses. The full economic impact of the crisis is at this stage unknown, but projections of the cost […]
1. Introduction Each month, Econsultancy’s Digital Transformation Monthly report highlights the most important transformation stories arising from sectors from retail and grocery to finance, healthcare and travel. This month, we look at two new studies that present different perspectives on organisations’ digital aptitude: one from The Economist and Microsoft, which reveals that most companies were […]
1. Introduction ‘Learning from Digital Disruptors’ defines best practice strategies, tactics and approaches from disruptive brands and businesses and distils key learnings that marketers can usefully apply in their day-to-day roles. The goal was to understand key thinking and innovative techniques and provide some practical guidance on their potential application in order to help marketers […]
This report identifies, analyses and evaluates emerging ecommerce trends and considers how brands can navigate them.
This edition of the Ecommerce Quarterly covers the impact of Brexit, increasing demand for hybrid fulfilment options and innovations in ambient commerce.
1. Introduction Marketers have long had an increasing focus on the value that data can bring to the discipline. With the heightened impact of technology on marketing, and the growing adoption and sophistication of marketing automation, it has become ever more critical for marketers to understand how to derive value from the data that they have […]
1. Introduction The concept of ‘brand purpose’ is not new, but as consumers want more than a transactional relationship with the brands they buy from, it remains high on the agenda for companies. Research continues to show that consumers are assessing what a brand says and does. They see brand purpose as an important factor […]
1. Introduction 1.1. Executive summary Trust is seen as a crucial element of brand success. With increasing disruption and competition across all sectors, trust becomes even more important for brands to focus their efforts on. Last year, fake news was a highly contentious issue and it raised concerns about where a brand’s content was appearing. […]
1. Introduction 1.1. Executive summary Chatbots have seen a rise in popularity over the last few years, with the cost of implementing the technology going down and the curiosity around AI taking off. Nevertheless, the definitions around what a chatbot is and what a chatbot can do are still blurred. For the purpose of this […]
1. Introduction Augmented reality (AR) is quickly becoming one of the most interesting technologies in the digital space. Although often overshadowed by virtual reality (VR), AR is expected to take the lion’s share of the market. According to one estimate, the AR market will be worth $70bn to $75bn by 2023 while VR will account […]
1. Introduction 1.1. Executive Summary Artificial intelligence (AI) is an area of technology that has suffered from over-hyping and confusing language, but clarity is finally developing. AI is the ability of technology to make smart decisions in a human way in relation to such things as visual perception, speech recognition, decision-making, and translation between languages. […]
1. Introduction 1.1. Executive Summary The Internet of Things (IoT) refers to the embedding of sensors into objects so they can connect to each other and the environment via the internet. It promises a more seamless world where many decisions and actions are automated to make our lives better and easier, offering enhanced value and […]
1. Introduction Social media is a rapidly evolving and fast-moving area of digital marketing and communications. There are feature updates across the major platforms almost daily. To keep track of key changes, please check Econsultancy’s blog and Social Media Hub and other regular subscriber updates, as well as updates from the platforms themselves (covered in […]
Embark on a Blended Learning Journey
Our expert-led blended learning programme will help you and your organisation to grow and evolve, in line with the expectations of your customers. We can help you to update the skills of marketing, digital and ecommerce professionals, guiding you through a fully personalised and well-structured learning path.
Through cutting-edge face to face training, online classrooms and insightful content, we’ve helped some of the world’s most successful brands build their knowledge and capabilities in marketing.