1. Introduction By the end of 2019, there will be close to 1.92 billion online buyers, representing around 25% of the world’s population shopping online. This figure is rapidly rising and is expected to reach 2.14 billion people in 2021. With more people shopping online, every company should be considering their ecommerce business. The ecommerce […]
UK ecommerce as a proportion of all retail increased from 20% to 30% in 2020. Some analysts project that this trend will continue and that online shopping will account for more than 50% of UK retail sales by 2028.
This 60 minute analyst session covers:
- Macro trends impacting ecommerce including the impact of Covid-19
- The 4Cs of ecommerce – Customer journeys, Channels, Customer Acquisition, Conversion Rate Optimisation
- The increasing importance of customer experience (CX) and customer journey optimisation in ecommerce strategy
If you are interested in booking a session with us or want to know more, please contact: email@example.com
1. Introduction A survey of more than 2,500 global enterprise leaders conducted by Twilio in June 2020 found that 97% believe the Covid-19 pandemic has sped up digital transformation at their company. Of these, 68% believed that Covid-19 had sped up digital transformation “a great deal”, while 29% said it had sped up “somewhat”. For […]
1. Introduction The global coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic has had an unprecedented impact, affecting almost every aspect of daily life. Measures taken to slow the spread of the virus around the world have brought with them remarkable economic losses. The full economic impact of the crisis is at this stage unknown, but projections of the cost […]
1. Introduction In the space of 20 years, Amazon has grown into a $200bn company, selling everything from books to health foods. It is now the fifth largest retailer in the UK according to Verdict, beaten only by four supermarkets. It is estimated to have accounted for a third of all UK spend online in […]
Executive Summary The Ecommerce Performance report, published by Econsultancy in association with Conversion.com, is based on a survey of more than 400 ecommerce professionals. The key findings from the research can be summarised as follows: Ecommerce goes from strength to strength, but is becoming more competitive. This research highlights the buoyant nature of online retail, […]
1. Executive Summary and Highlights The 10th annual Optimization Report (previously the Conversion Rate Optimization Report), produced by Econsultancy in partnership with RedEye Optimisation, explores the key requirements for success, including organizational setup and culture, the use of metrics, and the most effective approach to testing and experimentation. The report is based on a survey […]
1. Introduction ‘Learning from Digital Disruptors’ defines best practice strategies, tactics and approaches from disruptive brands and businesses and distils key learnings that marketers can usefully apply in their day-to-day roles. The goal was to understand key thinking and innovative techniques and provide some practical guidance on their potential application in order to help marketers […]
1. Introduction 1.1 Foreword A big thank you to everyone who took part in our research! Predicting the future is difficult at the best of times… but at Econsultancy we are always up for a challenge! We launched our new trends report in 2018 to shed some light into the future of marketing. Based on […]
1. Introduction 1.1. Executive summary Trust is seen as a crucial element of brand success. With increasing disruption and competition across all sectors, trust becomes even more important for brands to focus their efforts on. Last year, fake news was a highly contentious issue and it raised concerns about where a brand’s content was appearing. […]
1. Introduction Personalisation is all about delivering greater relevance to customers and providing a richer experience by serving the right message on the right channel at the right time. Companies that harness the power of personalisation and offer experiences tailored to each consumer’s specific needs will find their customers are more likely to continue their […]
1. Executive Summary Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) is considered one of the most important factors in determining present and future success of a business. However, less than half of those surveyed for this research said they were able to measure CLV. With it costing less to retain a customer than acquire a new one and […]
1. About this Guide 1.1. How this guide is structured Econsultancy’s series of best practice guides have been created for professionals who typically work in marketing or ecommerce roles. The guides steer readers to ensure that projects and strategies are executed in the right way for optimal results. This guide to mobile and web user […]
1. Introduction: The Principles of ROI “The fundamental reason why anyone calculates ROI is to prove their existence, or their intention to do something,” says Raj Balasundaram, VP Solutions and Strategic Services at marketing platform Emarsys. Having the ability to accurately quantify the contribution that a marketing programme or strategy has had upon revenue and […]
Embark on a Blended Learning Journey
Our expert-led blended learning programme will help you and your organisation to grow and evolve, in line with the expectations of your customers. We can help you to update the skills of marketing, digital and ecommerce professionals, guiding you through a fully personalised and well-structured learning path.
Through cutting-edge face to face training, online classrooms and insightful content, we’ve helped some of the world’s most successful brands build their knowledge and capabilities in marketing.