1. Introduction Augmented reality (AR) is quickly becoming one of the most interesting technologies in the digital space. Although often overshadowed by virtual reality (VR), AR is expected to take the lion’s share of the market. According to one estimate, the AR market will be worth $70bn to $75bn by 2023 while VR will account […]
Latest Best Practice
1. Introduction Marketers have always sought to find the most relevant buyers for their products. In the 1950s, this concept took a step forward when Wendell Smith published an award-winning article in the Journal of Marketing on product differentiation and market segmentation. This article put segmentations on the map for marketers, and soon market segmentations […]
The content in this briefing was originally included in Econsultancy’s Social Media Platforms Overview. It covers the following topics:
1. Introduction The question of how leadership is changing in a digitally empowered world is a consistent theme in subscriber feedback and the digital transformation work that Econsultancy does with clients. 2015 saw the publication of Econsultancy’s initial research and report into Effective Leadership in the Digital Age, which was designed to provide insight into […]
After the failure of promising startups such as Peach, Ello and Mastadon, many wondered if we would ever see the rise of another social media giant again. But TikTok looks like it has gathered a mass audience and is here to stay.
This short briefing gives an overview of user testing to help marketers understand the discipline.
In 2005, Apple integrated podcasts into iTunes, and Steve Jobs referred to the channel as being like “TiVo for radio”.
In an ideal world, every company hopes to build legions of loyal, satisfied customers who will not only provide them with repeat business, but enthusiastically promote their company to friends and family.
SEO is a fundamental skill in a marketer’s arsenal – maybe not the more technical aspects, but a good, solid understanding should be a prerequisite.
The content for this briefing has been reproduced from Econsultancy’s Ecommerce Best Practice Guide.
The company worked with Plug & Play to create a conversion path based on user intent, achieving a 22% boost in revenue, a 13% rise in order value and a 111% increase in conversion rate.
I did a lot of online browsing over the holidays and though I didn’t end up buying much, my aimless scrolling at least revealed some user frustrations that I can share with you on the Econsultancy blog. Here are 10 that annoyed me.
In March this year, H&M came under fire when a disgruntled shopper brought to light issues about the store’s sizing policy. Rebecca Parker is a standard UK size 14, and yet she couldn’t pull a pair of size 14 jeans over one thigh.
Data & Analytics
1. Introduction The modern marketer’s dilemma “After several years of long Christmas lists to Santa, this year my girls could not think of anything they wanted. It dawned on me; my kids are not seeing marketing encouraging them to want things. My job and the jobs of future global marketers are getting more challenging. We […]
The majority of organisations now recognise the importance of data as a driver of commercial strategy.
1. Introduction The size of investment that brands make in digital marketing programmes mean that it is extremely important to understand the impact that spend is having. Yet there remains little industry consensus on the best way to achieve an accurate, quantified view on the contribution that a marketing strategy has had on revenue and […]
Are you in touch with your emotions? Well, your favourite brand might soon be, all thanks to emotion detection and recognition technology – a market that’s predicted to grow to $65 billion by 2023.
How can companies create a positive employee experience?
Throughout the second half of the 2010s, “customer success” – both as a business concept and as a function – has steadily been growing in popularity.
Based on global retail sales, pizza chain Domino’s last week achieved the distinction of becoming the “largest pizza company in the world”, besting long-time rival Pizza Hut.
1. Introduction This guide has been written to complement Econsultancy’s Social Media Platforms Overview. Its purpose is to provide a framework for developing a social media strategy, as well as a summary of the main considerations for marketers when developing a strategic approach to social media marketing and communications. 1.1 About this report Over the […]
TikTok, a Chinese short-form video app known as Douyin in its home country, is exploding in popularity in the West.
Twitter polls have been around for a while, but with Facebook Messenger and Instagram more recently adding similar features to their respective platforms – polls are having a bit of a resurgence.
By some estimates, annual spend on influencer marketing will surpass $10bn in the coming years, a reflection of the fact that more and more companies are pouring ever-increasing amounts of money into a digital channel that basically didn’t exist a decade ago.
Customers today expect digital experiences that are consistent and highly relevant across all touchpoints.
1. Executive Summary 1.1. About Econsultancy Econsultancy’s mission is to help its customers achieve excellence in digital business, marketing and ecommerce through research, training and events. Founded in 1999, Econsultancy has offices in New York, London and Singapore. Econsultancy is used by over 600,000 professionals every month. Subscribers get access to research, market data, best […]
Digital transformation within the financial services sector is ongoing.
A short while ago, I wrote about 10 brands using beautifully creative GIFs to enhance the visibility and quality of their content. Many of these well-established brands have a fully-fledged design department working behind the scenes to create the polished examples I identified. If you’re working in a smaller company or start-up, you may not have considered generating branded GIFs as part of your content marketing strategy.
Email marketing has long reigned as the leading marketing channel for reaching customers across industries, and recent research indicates it will continue to do so.
1. Introduction ‘Content shock’ is real: the volume of B2B (and B2C) content is now outweighing our human capacity to consume it. However, content marketing can still present an immense opportunity for B2B businesses. When executed effectively, it can be a powerful engagement tool for fostering loyalty, lead generation and sales, and for conveying the […]
There are more PRs in the UK than bricklayers, or bar managers. The global communications industry continues to grow and B2B marketers have to be sure-footed when commissioning an agency.
So how do you pick a PR?
Account-based marketing (ABM) is getting a lot of interest from marketers in B2B as a strategy that radically upends and refocuses the way that businesses approach marketing outreach.
Everything you need to know about ecommerce and practical tips to apply to your strategy.
With consumer reviews readily available on sites like TripAdvisor, and star ratings visible in search results, customers are making decisions about your brand before they ever visit your website — let alone a brick-and-mortar location. You need a comprehensive, scalable reputation management strategy to deliver a five-star customer experience. In this webinar you will: Learn […]
Webinar Recording Reports Referenced Social Media Strategy Best Practice Guide Social Media Platforms Overview Paid Social Media Advertising Social Quarterly: Q2 2018
"Globally, 75% of consumers say they expect to see delivery options on the product page"
Browse, save and export thousands more statistics and charts like this in the Internet Statistics Database. Constantly updated to reflect the latest findings.