Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
Facebook’s rapid rise in popularity among UK web users continued in May, according to measurement group comScore.
The figures show the social network had 4.8m visitors, 30% up from April and 2123% from May last year. It was the site's third consecutive month of 30%+ gains, comScore said.
comScore also said sites’ rankings had been affected by various seasonal factors:
- Travel planning for May’s bank holidays saw holiday sites making strong gains, including Priceline.com (up 17% from April to 3m visitors); First Choice Holidays (16% to 2.8m); EasyGroup (15% to 3.6m) and TUI Group (13% to 4.3m).
- The Weather Channel was the UK’s fastest growing property, up 36% to 2.4m UK visitors.
- The new series of Big Brother saw Channel 4’s visitors increase by 31% to 4.4m.
- The launch of Kate Moss’ fashion line helped Arcadia Group increase its visitors by 17% to 2.7m.
- Seasonal shopping drove traffic to shopping comparison group Ciao Sites, Karstadt-Quelle, Marks & Spencer and Play.com.
comScore added that the Guardian’s redesign helped it record a 14% visitor rise in May, while BSkyB and Bebo also experienced the strongest growth.