Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
Here's a selection of recent social media stats, taken from a range of sources, including Econsultancy's Internet Advertising Statistics document, which forms part of the Internet Statistics Compendium, and other reports...
UK market size (IAB)
- Advertising expenditure on the internet grew to £3,350m in 2008, a 17.1% like-for-like increase on 2007.
- Total UK advertising spend (online & offline) fell by 3.5% in 2008 to £17.5bn.
- The internet grew its share of advertising spend to 19.2% of total UK advertising expenditure, up 3.7 % on 2007 (15.5%).
US market size
- In the US, online advertising grew 10.6% in 2008 and was worth $23.4bn in total. (IAB Europe)
- US spending on online advertising declined for the second quarter in a row, by 7% year over year, to $6.2bn from $6.6bn. (IDC)
European market (IAB Europe)
- In 2008 the European online advertising market was worth €12.9bn, with a like-for-like growth rate compared to 2007 of 20%.
- The top 10 markets in Europe account for 93% of the total value of the online advertising market.
Social media advertising (eMarketer via IAB)
- Facebook is the social media site of choice for marketers, with 57% of companies in the Internet Retailer Top 500 having a presence on the portal.
- 75% of these 500 companies firms advertise on at least one of the major social networking sites or social shopping sites.
Display ads (comScore)
- The number of US web users who click on display ads has dropped by 50% since 2007, and now equates to 16% of all US web users.
- 32% of internet users clicked on at least one display ad during a month.
- These 'heavy clickers' make up 6% of web users, and were responsible for 67% of click throughs.