Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
There have been some useful mobile stats released this week, such as a study of the European mobile app market, and some excellent mobile search stats from Performics.
I've rounded up these stats, as well as some recent gems from our Mobile Statistics document.
Mobile search (Performics and ROI)
- People used mobile search at home in the evening (81%) than any other time or places more frequently than anywhere else (81%), followed by at home on weekends (80%).
- 66% use mobile search while while watching TV, something which should get advertisers thinking, while 61% said they use it at work.
- 75% said mobile search makes their lives easier, 63% said access to mobile search has changed the way they gather information, and 32% said they use mobile search more than search engines on their computers.
- 84% use mobile search to look for information on local retailers, such as opening hours, address and contact details. 82% look for online retailers, 73% find a specific product or manufacturer website.
- Something which ties in with the crossover in TV viewing and mobile search is that 71% learn more about a product or service having seen an ad, 68% use it to find the best price for a product.
The European app market (MEF/Distimo)
- The most used pricing tier for all European app stores is under $2 except for BlackBerry App World, where the most used pricing tier is between $2 and $2.99.
- 64% of the revenue of the 100 most successful apps comes from a one-off purchase, 29% of revenue is generated by in-app purchases from free applications alone. Another 21% of the is generated by paid apps that feature in-app purchases.
Dowload share per country on iPad and iPhone (MEF/Distimo)
Downloads per weekday on iPad and iPhone (MEF/Distimo)
UK mobile internet use
- The UK is the fifth biggest mobile internet market globally. (Silicon Alley Insider).
- 15% of UK adults have mobile broadband, and take-up of mobile broadband increased by 8% among 15 to 24s and by 3% among 35-54s. Data volumes over mobile networks increased by 240% in 2009. (Ofcom)