Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
As large web companies are selling us on the value of big data, they are also peddling their own cloud services to help you make sense of all the information you feel compelled to process.
Just as Amazon Web Services is showing how it's changing businesses with its scalable and affordable data and analytic services, IBM has been developing its own solution with Netezza, an acquisition they made in 2010.
This push by IBM, Amazon and others makes sense as marketers now have so much they want to analyze to make smarter and faster decisions.
As highlighted in IBM's infographic below, in order to capitalize on the big data opportunity, marketers will have to:
- Implement rules-driven integration of disparate data
- Improve operating infrastructures
- Create a network of data-centric technology and partners
- Define marketing data governance
Using big data to make better decisions
By having the right data at their fingertips, marketers can make better decisions to:
- Identify high potential audiences and accurately target them
- Enable the right message at the right time via the right content targeting
- Maximize ad inventory by identifying high-value audiences across publisher properties
- Optimize ad media purchase and understand the value of channels higher up in the funnel
As this infographic on big data comes from the IBM team, it does marry how you can optimize big data to inform marketing decisions to the specific services offered through Netezza. No matter what service you do chose, the stats and opportunities for marketers highlighted here show why big data is all the craze at the moment.
Now that the deluge of information is here, it's up to you to decide how you capitalize on it.