1. Introduction Customer retention refers to the ability of an organisation to retain the same customer over a period of time. Companies that enjoy high levels of retention benefit from more reliable revenue streams and a high degree of brand equity. Although there is a strong business rationale for focusing on customer retention, many marketers […]
What is CRM?
Before getting into the ins and outs of technology, let’s ask a more fundamental question: what is customer relationship management (CRM), and why do you need it?
10 key challenges facing CRM marketers
Customer relationship management (CRM) remains a key way for companies to deliver ‘customer centric’ marketing, centred around personalised and relevant content (if you’re not sure what CRM is, see our handy definition).
But what are the key challenges facing CRM marketers today? With insight from some experts in the industry, here are 10 pressing issues.
Best Practice Guides
1. Introduction Marketers have always sought to find the most relevant buyers for their products. In the 1950s, this concept took a step forward when Wendell Smith published an award-winning article in the Journal of Marketing on product differentiation and market segmentation. This article put segmentations on the map for marketers, and soon market segmentations […]
1. Introduction Organising large amounts of customer data is becoming a huge challenge for marketers who want a ‘360 degree view’ of their customers. Customer data platforms (CDPs) offer a way for organisations to bring together disparate customer data into one place, to allow for the easy sharing of this information with other systems. This […]
1. Introduction 1.1. Executive summary This report seeks to provide marketers who are considering the use of marketing automation with a simple guide to what it is, how to plan for and implement it, what success looks like and what the future of the industry may hold. This guide hopes to be useful to a […]
1. Introduction 1.1. Executive summary With an increasing number of digital channels, the time, attention and trust that consumers have to give to marketing content is fragmented. To make matters worse, consumers’ unprecedented power to control their media experiences has made it more challenging than ever to reach them. On the other hand, marketers have […]
1. Executive Summary Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) is considered one of the most important factors in determining present and future success of a business. However, less than half of those surveyed for this research said they were able to measure CLV. With it costing less to retain a customer than acquire a new one and […]
Dixons Carphone’s Saul Lopes on rethinking CRM with a ‘people-centric’ approach
Saul Lopes is the Head of CRM for the UK division of Dixons Carphone, with responsibility for the Currys PC World UK and Carphone Warehouse websites. Since he joined the business in December 2018, Lopes has set about transforming Dixons Carphone’s approach to CRM and, by extension, its approach to its customers.
What’s the difference between CRM, marketing automation and DMPs?
Where do CRM, marketing automation, sales, and data management platforms cross paths, and how is CRM implemented?
The role of personalisation in customer loyalty post-Covid
More people might be shopping online than ever before, but the concept of loyalty within retail has arguably been thrown up in the air. Due to changes in our daily habits, the reasons why a consumer shopped at a particular retailer before Covid might no longer be relevant, or even still exist.
This is a topic Nikki Gilliland recently discussed with Christian Selchau-Hansen, the CEO of enterprise software company, Formation.ai.
Juliana Chu, the Director of Digital & Analytics in APAC for Kimberly Clark, spoke today at the Festival of Marketing about how Kimberley Clark’s agile approach to analytics – particularly in utilising CRM and social listening tools – has helped the company generate higher levels of consumer engagement and drive sales for its baby and […]
Customer relationship management (CRM) remains a key way for companies to deliver ‘customer centric’ marketing, centred around personalised and relevant content (if you’re not sure what CRM is, see our handy definition). But what are the key challenges facing CRM marketers today? With insight from some experts in the industry, here are 10 pressing issues. […]
Amidst tighter budgets and increased competition, many retailers are shifting their focus to customer retention. The fact that it’s easier and more cost-effective to retain customers than to acquire new ones is well documented. In fact, research shows that it’s 5-25X more expensive to acquire a new customer than it is to retain an existing […]
Marco Grossi is VP of Sales at Stocard, a mobile wallet for loyalty cards and start-up fintech company. We caught up with Marco to find out what his role entails, and how it has been impacted by Covid-19.
Mike Austin, CEO at Fresh Relevance, explains why AI, automation and direct-to-consumer strategies will be the trends that outlast the pandemic.
More people might be shopping online than ever before, but the concept of loyalty within retail has arguably been thrown up in the air.