1. Introduction Marketers have always sought to find the most relevant buyers for their products. In the 1950s, this concept took a step forward when Wendell Smith published an award-winning article in the Journal of Marketing on product differentiation and market segmentation. This article put segmentations on the map for marketers, and soon market segmentations […]
Future Trends in Customer Data Platforms (CDPs)
Drawing on Econsultancy’s Customer Data Platforms Best Practice Guide, which covers what CDPs are, what they can help marketers do and how they might change the marketing technology landscape in years to come, this briefing takes a look at the:
- Emergence of a wider user base of CDPs
- Influence of new technology on CDPs
- Increased focus on privacy
- Industry evolution
Latest Research, Trends and Best Practice
1. Introduction The modern marketer’s dilemma “After several years of long Christmas lists to Santa, this year my girls could not think of anything they wanted. It dawned on me; my kids are not seeing marketing encouraging them to want things. My job and the jobs of future global marketers are getting more challenging. We […]
1. Introduction The size of investment that brands make in digital marketing programmes mean that it is extremely important to understand the impact that spend is having. Yet there remains little industry consensus on the best way to achieve an accurate, quantified view on the contribution that a marketing strategy has had on revenue and […]
The ad industry is in denial about the death of third-party cookies but there are alternatives
The cookie apocalypse has been a long time coming, raising questions about why the industry appears to be claiming it’s ill-prepared to deal with the effects.
But what are the alternatives for measurement?
Fast Track Training: Advanced Data & Analytics
Develop your analytics strategy and gain practical skills to transform available data into powerful insights, with this Fast Track training course. You’ll cover the full analytics journey, from planning, measurement and data collection through to the practicalities of analysing, optimising and predicting behaviour.
3-day course | various dates | London
1. Executive summary The Customer Data Imperative report, produced by Econsultancy in partnership with SAP Customer Experience, is based on a survey of more than 500 client-side marketers and digital professionals, and interviews with senior executives working at high-profile brands across a range of business sectors. The report looks at the growing importance of harnessing […]
1. Introduction 1.1. Executive summary With an increasing number of digital channels, the time, attention and trust that consumers have to give to marketing content is fragmented. To make matters worse, consumers’ unprecedented power to control their media experiences has made it more challenging than ever to reach them. On the other hand, marketers have […]
So, how are organisations navigating this murky world? Here are some key charts taken from the report, with insight into what they might tell us. A strategic approach to data In order to gain a competitive edge, it is important for organisations to undertake a strategic approach to data. One way to initiate this is […]
Agency Tangent combined user data from sources including Moz, Audience and IBM Watson to develop the ‘El Bot’ chatbot, which reached Stranger Things fans in more than 24 countries and achieved a user retention rate of 88%.
The healthy eating company Weight Watchers, recently rebranded WW, boosts efficiency and saves costs using analytics that identify the best performing creatives.
The BIO Agency works with the real estate provider to future proof the heritage brand with a fresh new online platform.
Data and Analytics Webinar
In this webinar we examine some of the key trends and challenges impacting the area of data and analytics and how companies are addressing these.
Discussion points include: optimising your business using data and analytics; understanding the value of your marketing and customers (ROI and CLV), and how AI will take predictive analytics to the next level.
From the Blog
Despite all the progress and innovations, marketing still remains a numbers game, at least to some extent. What changed is that instead of merely multiplying audience numbers (and, consequently, budget lines), savvy marketers look at the figures at hand and attempt to understand the message behind these.
According to a new report published by Accenture Life Sciences, just half of biopharma marketing executives believe they have a good understanding of their customers’ needs.