1. Introduction In recent years, there have been industry changes in two major areas, technical and regulatory, which have both made an impact on the way marketers can, and should, measure digital marketing effectiveness. Technical industry changes Apple, Google and Mozilla, which each own very popular web browsers, have implemented technical changes to the way […]
1. Introduction Econsultancy’s series of best practice guides have been created for Internet professionals typically working in marketing or ecommerce roles. The guides steer readers to ensure that projects and strategies are executed in the right way for optimal results. Given the significance of online performance data to most organisations in 2017, sections of this […]
1. Introduction 1.1. Executive summary With an increasing number of digital channels, the time, attention and trust that consumers have to give to marketing content is fragmented. To make matters worse, consumers’ unprecedented power to control their media experiences has made it more challenging than ever to reach them. On the other hand, marketers have […]
1. Introduction In response to the exponential growth in marketing technology solutions available over the past few years (Figure 1), this report aims to provide a practical overview of 60 popular and peer-recommended tools in four main categories. Figure 1: Number of martech solutions globally Source: Chiefmartech.com Chiefmartech’s Marketing Technology Landscape Supergraphic 2018 lists more […]
1. Introduction Customer centricity is at the heart of any successful business today. Digital has empowered consumers in numerous ways, giving them greater choice and convenience when they shop, but also offering a platform for them to share their views at the touch of a button. There are a host of platforms enabling consumers to […]
1. Introduction The size of investment that brands make in digital marketing programmes mean that it is extremely important to understand the impact that spend is having. Yet there remains little industry consensus on the best way to achieve an accurate, quantified view on the contribution that a marketing strategy has had on revenue and […]
How the DIKW (Data, Information, Knowledge, Wisdom) pyramid can be used to extract value from data.
Key insights on the importance of embedding measurement into planning.
What analytics is, what data can be analysed and the key to drawing value from analytics.
Learn what attribution modelling is and the key considerations for marketers.
Why marketers need to consider the relative impact of each touchpoint in a conversion funnel.
Learn about the purpose and value of qualitative data for CRO and discover different tactics.
The different kinds of data for digital marketing, and how to turn them into insight and action. First, second and third-party data, the role of website and channel analytics, and importance of data privacy.
Learn more about what data you need to support your marketing (including to machines), and how to measure and optimise performance.
AI & Machine Learning
With countries around the world still in lockdown, it’s difficult to imagine a time when it is ‘business as usual’ for the hotel industry.
Stitch Fix is an online personal styling service that sends a curated selection of clothing and accessories to customers, using a mix of machine learning and human selection.
Today, optimizing for search is optimizing your customer’s experience. As people query a search engine on their laptop, ask a voice assistant for help, or use their mobile device to find nearby solutions to their needs, brands must be positioned to appear in these critical decision-making moments.
According to Econsultancy’s Experience Index: 2020 Digital Trends report, in association with Adobe, the gap between CX leaders and mainstream organisations is becoming increasingly evident, with leaders “having advanced customer experience management in place that’s aligned across strategy and technology.”
Mark Douthwaite is an AI engineer at Peak, a start-up which works within retail and ecommerce, adapting AI to solve supply chain issues with the likes of ASOS, Footasylum, Fred Perry and Morrisons. So, let’s hear what Douthwaite does every day, and see if he can cut through the hype and explain the true power […]
Fuelled by the availability of large data sets, cheap cloud computing power and growing confidence among marketers, machine learning is radically changing the marketing function and the way advertisers can reach their audiences.
The organization responsible for the consistent application of the GDPR across Europe has weighed in on two of the most controversial issues in GDPR compliance: the use of so-called cookie walls and scrolling to obtain consent from users.
The UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has questions about the legality of certain parts of the programmatic ecosystem and says that “the future of RTB is…in the balance”.
We are living in a new age of data privacy regulation. When the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force May 2018, it set a new standard for data protection regulation.
Share Our Strength partners with location technology company GroundTruth to add mobile ad targeting to its ‘Dine for No Kid Hungry’ campaign, driving 26,857 visits to participating restaurants.
The living and home accessories brand works with ForwardPMX to create a seamless customer journey from online browsing to in-store purchase.
Four Communications targets the three audiences most likely to buy Welsh Lamb on social channels with relevant content to increase engagement.
Online Fast Track: Advanced Data & Analytics Training Course (3 days)
This is a 3-day live and interactive online training workshop led by an expert digital marketing practitioner, designed to cover the practical knowledge and skills you need to transform the wealth of available data into powerful insights, increased performance and better strategic decisions.
Covid-19 has forced most consumers worldwide to change their habits and behaviors and to rely on online solutions for things usually done face to face. Brands that are providing their customers with easy, enjoyable and seamless online experiences during the crisis are likely to benefit from these forced behavior changes post Covid-19. If you want […]
Customer data platforms (CDPs) are quickly becoming the technology of choice for marketers looking to rationalise and consolidate their customer data to power more personalised campaigns.
The COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic may be wreaking havoc through our healthcare systems, financial markets, social structures and daily lives. But it’s also leading to a massive and abrupt surge in digitalisation as consumers, families and communities take up digital services and form new habits to lead their lives and stay in touch online.
In the UK, many employees are coming to the end of their first full week of remote work, while in the United States and other areas of the world, some have been working remotely for the better part of the month.
It might be Friday the 13th, but you’re in luck – we’ve got another great round up of digital marketing statistics.
Felix Molitor is the lead AI Engineer at EyeQuant, a software solution that uses AI to predict how users will engage with website designs and layouts.
Data and analytics - explore the ISD
Find all the data and analytics you need on a vast range of marketing topics. Browse, save and export charts as you go.