1. Introduction This report is designed to provide marketers with practical guidance and advice on how best to manage change in the context of rapidly shifting technology, consumer behaviour and market dynamics. It is written for senior and mid-level marketers who want to understand how to navigate change within their own teams or the most […]
Digital Transformation Monthly: Coronavirus Crisis – June 2020
This special edition of Econsultancy’s Digital Transformation Monthly examines how businesses have been adapting to the effects of the coronavirus outbreak.
1. Introduction The question of how leadership is changing in a digitally empowered world is a consistent theme in subscriber feedback and the digital transformation work that Econsultancy does with clients. 2015 saw the publication of Econsultancy’s initial research and report into Effective Leadership in the Digital Age, which was designed to provide insight into […]
1. Introduction The modern marketer’s dilemma “After several years of long Christmas lists to Santa, this year my girls could not think of anything they wanted. It dawned on me; my kids are not seeing marketing encouraging them to want things. My job and the jobs of future global marketers are getting more challenging. We […]
Digital transformation in the coronavirus crisis
Looking through the results from Econsultancy and Marketing Week’s most recent Covid-19 Business Impact Survey (the third iteration, 25th April), there are several stats that stood out to me when juxtaposed: Only 6% of respondents from large organisations (annual revenue more than £50 million) said they were investing more in marketing to ‘seize the opportunity’. […]
In the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, many organisations have frozen spending plans and pulled funding as they try to cope with the adverse impact that the outbreak has had upon their business and revenue.
There has been a growing awareness in the west in recent years that we should look to China for the digital trends of the future, as it has become increasingly apparent that Chinese use of the internet, technology, ecommerce, social media and more is leagues ahead of ours.
Econsultancy founder Ashley Friedlein on digital transformation
”We may have moved beyond infancy in digital transformation but we are very far from adult.
“We are entering turbulent years as transformation teenagers seeking to understand what exactly it means for us as things continue to change.”
Digital transformation in Financial Services
The effects of the ongoing coronavirus crisis are being felt in almost every sector. From retail and consumer packaged goods to entertainment, sports, and of course travel and leisure, every sector is being impacted in a different way and is facing down its own unique challenges.
Financial services has arguably experienced one of the highest levels of digital disruption of any industry. From banking and payments to lending and insurance, no part of financial services has been left unscathed and hundreds of billions if not trillions of dollars is up for grabs.
When it comes to how fintech and established financial institutions differ, much of the discussion centers around how firms are being challenged to improve their customer experiences and develop new financial offerings that appeal to changing consumer preferences.
Digital transformation in Pharma & Healthcare
NHS Digital is the information and technology partner to the National Health Service. In the words of Owain Davies, Lead Product Owner at NHS Digital, it is “just one part of one of the country’s best-known institutions”.
The shift toward a more customer-centric, omni-channel approach to marketing is a fundamental transformation affecting many industries.
To reach consumers, pharma companies are increasingly looking for ways to engage patients and prospective patients through digital channels. While this typically takes the form of marketing campaigns, in a growing number of cases, pharma companies are developing full-fledged online services.
Digital transformation in Retail
American retailer Bed Bath & Beyond is in the headlines after its new CEO fired six C-suite executives.
Imagine this scenario: you have just joined a major retail brand in a brand new role with the goal of leading a digital transformation across the business. The retailer has 950 stores, 771 store visits per minute and 42,000 employees; makes more than 13,600 deliveries per day; and receives 22 website visits per second. Where do you begin?
Companies in virtually every industry are being challenged to implement digital transformations of one kind or another. Even industries that years ago would have seemed unlikely candidates for digital disruption are undergoing major changes as a result of the internet and new technologies.
Learn what digital strategy means and the practical tips for developing your own.
The whys and hows of creating a strong digital brand presence.
Discover what disruption means and how you can learn from disruptors in your industry.
Four key digital trends that require special attention.
Objective and KPI setting, to budgeting for digital marketing, using data for planning, segmentation and targeting and customer journey mapping
How to make your marketing strategy quantified, agile and future-proofed.
Ways you can add value to people and organisations through your brand: how to build your brand and how to avoid breaking your brand.
Learn how the fusion of digital, classic tools and architecture offers unique capability to do positioning in real-time and at an individual level via dynamic personalisation.
Explore ways to achieve market orientation through a customer-focused approach and ensure engagement from your organisation.
How to make the most of the latest methods and digital data analytics to fully inform your customer insight planning.
Learn about how traditional models of distribution have changed and how digital has broken down the barriers to entry.
Where we are now and what is likely to happen in the world of digital. We discuss the big digital eras and their impact on marketing, as well as the key innovations, challenges and opportunities to prepare for.
Reports and webinars
1. Introduction This month’s edition of our Digital Transformation Monthly report series focuses in on the retail sector at a time of reckoning. In the UK, non-essential retail shops have begun to reopen their doors and cautiously welcome consumers back in. This revival has come too late, however, for the many retail brands who have […]
1. Introduction Welcome to the June edition of our Digital Transformation Monthly report. At the time of writing, here in the UK, more than 10 weeks on from the introduction of lockdown measures, the ‘new normal’ is starting to feel… well, normal. We’re seeing a cautious relaxation of some lockdown restrictions, including offices requiring their […]
Despite a global strain on marketing budgets during the Covid-19 pandemic, nearly 60% of strategic initiatives, including digital transformation, are receiving stable or increased funding even in these tough times, according to Econsultancy and Marketing Week’s most recent Covid-19 Business Impact Survey. Clearly, in recent months, digital transformation has become a talking point once again. […]
The coronavirus pandemic has completely reshaped how we live our lives – to the point that by now, saying it feels like stating the obvious.
As people across the UK have heeded advice to stay indoors and only venture outside if necessary, restaurants and pubs who would normally be catering to large crowds have closed their doors.
The recent coronavirus outbreak has caused something of a catch-22 for businesses when it comes to digital transformation.
Supermarket brand Sainsbury’s has just unveiled a new type of concept store in Mansion House, London with an emphasis on sustainability, customer centricity and hyperlocal purchasing habits.
Even the most well-known brands can be overwhelmed by the prospect (and the process) of digital transformation.
Digital transformation stats – explore the ISD
The Internet Statistics Database contains over 2500 charts and statistics related to digital transformation, for you to browse, save and export.