Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
- October 8 2009 (8:30am – 7:00pm)
- Metropolitan Pavilion, New York, United States
- 1 day
Sorry, this event is now sold out.
Econsultancy's Peer Summit is an invitation-only roundtable event for senior client-side/corporate marketers, large online publishers and etailers with responsibility for their organization's online marketing.
Designed to enable attendees to discuss and explore the latest best practices on e-marketing procurement, business cases, investment, ROI and supplier selection, the Peer Summit is the one forum where attendees discuss their online strategies and tactics with their peers.
In one day, the Peer Summit provides you a unique learning venue: throughout the day you'll take part in three of an array of 14 topic-focused roundtables, driving insight and discussions between you, your peers and industry experts.
Each roundtable, led by an expert moderator, will address best practices, measurement, ROI, resourcing, supplier selection, recruitment, business process, budgeting and trends surrounding each topic - as well as discussing what you and your peers have on your 2010 horizon.
The Peer Summit features 3 keynotes and 14 concurrent topic-based roundtables for senior digital marketing executives.
Peer Summit roundtable topics include:
- E-commerce and Conversion (Moderator: Bryan Eisenberg, Sponsor: Omniture)
- Online Advertising – Maximizing Efficiency (Moderator: Nicole Estebanell, Media Director, Neo@Ogilvy)
- Online PR, buzz monitoring and reputation management (Moderator: Greg Jarboe, President, SEO-PR)
- Email Marketing (Moderator: Jeanniey Mullen, CMO, Zinio. Sponsor: ExactTarget)
- Multichannel Marketing (Moderator: Ken Markus, Director Online Marketing, Conde Nast. Sponsor: Epsilon)
- Lead Generation (Moderator: Ashley Friedlein, CEO, Econsultancy)
- SEO/Integrated Search Marketing (Moderator: Sara Holoubek, Corporate Strategy Consultant and President, SEMPO. Sponsor: bigmouthmedia)
- Social Media – Marketing, Measurement, Monetization (Moderator: Pauline Ores, IBM Market Insights, Sponsor: iCrossing)
- Managing digital teams, budgets and channel integration (Moderator: Judith Carr, Managing Director, Lbi Icon Nicholson)
- User Experience and Customer Journeys (Moderator: Kevin Kearney)
- Web Analytics (Moderator: Jim Sterne, Target Marketing)
- Site and Content Optimization (Moderator: David Schatsky, Internet business strategy consultant and former President, JupiterResearch, Sponsor: Brooks Bell Interactive)
- Social Media II (Moderator: Adam Wallace, New Media Marketing Manager, Roger Smith Hotels)
8.30 – 9.00
Registration and coffee
9.00 – 9.15
Welcome and introduction – Rebecca Lieb
9.15 – 10.00
1st Keynote – Bryan Eisenberg
10.00 – 11.15
11.15 – 11.45
11.45 – 13.00
13.00 – 14.00
14.00 – 14.35
2nd Keynote – Jim Sterne
14.35 – 15.45
3rd Roundtable followed by 30 minute break
16.15 – 16.50
3rd Keynote – Marc Schiller
16.50 – 17.00
Round up and closing remarks
17.00 – 19.00
Cocktail Reception, hosted by Econsultancy
Speakers' and panelists' profiles
As an author, a consultant to Fortune 500 companies, Jim focuses his twenty years in sales and marketing on the changing landscape of the Web as a medium for creating and strengthening customer relationships, with a special focus on Web metrics and optimization. Sterne produces the Emetrics Summit series, the success of which caused the founding of Emetrics.org and the Web Analytics Association of which Jim is a founding director.
Jim will be keynoting and moderating the Web Analytics roundtable discussions.
Read a recent interview with Jim Sterne on the Econsultancy blog.
Bryan is recognized worldwide as a leading expert on online marketing and marketing analytics, New York Times best selling author, speaker, industry pioneer and guest blogger for Econsultancy. He's also a keen advocate of incorporating expert persuasion techniques and a deep understanding of customer behavior into all marketing efforts. Bryan is a co-inventor of Persuasion Architecture®, a process for persuading customers when they ignore marketing.
Read an interview with Bryan Eisenberg on the E consultancy blog.
Rebecca Lieb (Chair)
Rebecca is VP of Econsultancy's US operations. An expert in interactive marketing and advertising, she was formerly ClickZ’s editor-in-chief for over seven years. For a portion of that time, Rebecca also ran Search Engine Watch. Earlier, Rebecca held executive marketing and communications positions at strategic e-services consultancies, including Siegel+Gale, and has worked in the same capacity for global entertainment and media companies including Universal Television & Networks Group and Bertelsmann's RTL Television. As a journalist, she's written on media for numerous publications, including The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal.
Jeanniey Mullen is the chief marketing officer for Zinio and its sister company, the exclusively digital magazine VIVmag. Jeanniey is recognized as a pioneer and visionary in the digital marketing and advertising space, with an expertise in email marketing.
Prior to Zinio, Jeanniey was the senior partner and global executive director of the e-mail marketing and digital dialogue practice at OgilvyOne Worldwide. She worked with such clients as IBM, American Express, and Yahoo. In the mid-2000s, Jeanniey founded the Email Experience Council, the world's largest email marketing trade organization. She currently serves as the executive director of the EEC, which is now owned by the Direct Marketing Association. Before that, Jeanniey ran her own advertising agency. And in the late 1990s, Jeanniey created the global email marketing division inside an advertising agency at Grey Direct.
Jeanniey is a frequent speaker on a variety of topics including e-mail and digital marketing, brand development, and publishing. She is also a published author with two books in her portfolio, including "Email Marketing: An Hour A Day." She sits on the advisory boards of a number of innovative organizations, including the Social Media Advertising Consortium and the Online Marketing Summit.
Sara Holoubek is a corporate strategy consultant, advising growth firms and investors in the interactive technology and advertising sector. Ms. Holoubek is also a contributing editor of DMNews, covering digital trends.
In 2009, Ms. Holoubek was elected President of the Search Engine Marketing Professionals Organization (SEMPO) board of directors. She also serves on the New York Board of Directors of the Step Up Women's Network.
From 2003-2005, Ms. Holoubek served as iCrossing's Chief Strategy Officer, building the firm's New York office and repositioning the iCrossing brand as it raised an early VC round of $13 million. Prior to this experience, Ms. Holoubek held posts in client strategy with interactive agencies Organic and Blue Dingo. Her vertical expertise covers over 10 sectors and includes work with Clickable, Conductor, drop.io, Symposia Group, Levi Strauss & Co, LexisNexis and Texas Instruments, as well as agencies within the WPP family and the Aegis Group family.
Sara will moderate the Integrated Search roundtable.
Ian Schafer, CEO and founder of Deep Focus, consistently redefines the way entertainment properties are marketed online. Ian founded Deep Focus in 2002 to bring a holistic suite of interactive marketing and promotional solutions to the entertainment industry. The company's clients include America Online, Dimension Films, HBO, MGM, Nickelodeon, Sony/BMG Music, 20th Century Fox, Universal Music Group, and many others. As former VP of New Media at Miramax and Dimension Films, Ian was responsible for their most popular online campaigns. He's been featured as an expert in online entertainment marketing and advertising in numerous media outlets including Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, Advertising Age, and CNN. He also writes about the industry on his blog.
Ian will moderate the Managing Digital Channels roundtable.
Greg Jarboe is the president and co-founder of SEO-PR, a search engine optimization firm, public relations agency, and video production company. He is the author of YouTube and Video Marketing: An Hour a Day (Wiley, 2009). He is also one of the people profiled by Michael Miller in Online Marketing Heroes: Interviews with 25 Successful Online Marketing Gurus (Wiley, 2008).
Jarboe is a frequent speaker at Search Engine Strategies and other conferences. He is the news search, blog search and PR correspondent for the Search Engine Watch Blog. He is also a member of the Market Motive faculty and a principal in the ChannelOne Marketing Group.
Lee Odden, CEO of TopRank Online Marketing, wrote in his Online Marketing Blog that Jarboe is “a pioneer in the field of using search engine optimization in combination with press releases.” Gord Hotchkiss, CEO and co-founder of Enquiro, wrote in his NetProfit blog that Jarboe is “the guru of cranking up web visibility through effective optimization of press releases.” And Virginia Nussey, associate writer of the SEO Blog on Bruceclay.com, wrote, “Greg is considered an expert on everything from news search to video search to linkbait and beyond.”
Greg will moderate the Online PR roundtable.
Marc Schiller, CEO of ElectricArtists, is an accomplished executive with a wealth of industry and entrepreneurial knowledge in marketing, brand strategy, and public relations.
Foreseeing the unique marketing challenges posed by emerging technologies, Marc founded ElectricArtists in 1997 to create an agency that would re-write the book on how brands should approach marketing in the digital arena. Under Marc's direction, ElectricArtists is now successfully consulting a broadening array of consumer products and service companies, from video games and executive recruitment to baby care, financial services and more.
Recent clients have included American Express, Starwood Hotels, A&E Networks, The History Channel, USA Network, Microsoft, Netflix, The Los Angeles Lakers and a host of consumer product, media and entertainment companies.
Marc and ElectricArtists have been profiled in Advertising Age, BusinessWeek, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Billboard, Forbes, and many others. Marc is also a frequent featured speaker at esteemed universities including Yale Graduate School of Management and Kellogg Graduate School of Management as well as at numerous marketing and technology conferences held around the world.
Marc will be presenting as keynote.
Read a recent interview with Marc Schiller on the Econsutancy blog.
David Schatsky spent almost a decade as an analyst and senior executive at JupiterResearch, a leading research and advisory firm focused on Internet business. David is an expert in the digital media, marketing, advertising and commerce markets and the technology stack that enable them. He currently helps businesses with Internet business strategy and planning and is also working on a few entrepreneurial projects in high tech, clean tech and sustainability.
David was president of JupiterResearch until it was sold to Forrester Research in the summer of 2008. Prior to leading the research group at Jupiter (2003-2006), David was an analyst and research director, focusing on e-commerce infrastructure, Web site technologies and operations, and online business models and processes in digital media, marketing and advertising.
Before joining Jupiter, David’s career was as a systems consultant on Wall Street, where over a period of several years he built trading, allocation, analysis and reporting systems for clients such as JP Morgan, Credit Suisse, UBS, WestLB and Merrill Lynch.
David studied international economics and U.S. foreign policy at the Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins and computer science at Tufts University.
David will be moderating the Site Optimization and Multivariate Testing roundtable.
Ashley is one of the most influential and connected figures in the UK digital marketing sector. As a recommendation for him on LinkedIn reads, "If Ashley doesn't know it - it ain't worth knowing."
He writes for a range of publications and is the author of two best-selling books which have been translated internationally. Ashley speaks worldwide at industry events, as well as making media appearances to promote both his own company, Econsultancy, and the interests of the sector in general.
He founded Econsultancy in 1999 with business partner Matthew O'Riordan. This award-winning company now has over 80,000 members worldwide, and opened its first US office in New York in January 2009. Its members include the cream of international media, retail, cultural and financial service organisations, as well as government departments. Econsultancy helps its members learn, make better decisions, build business cases, find the best suppliers, accelerate their careers and lead the way in best practice via research reports, how-to guides, training and development, forums and professional networking.
Ken Markus is the Director of Online Marketing at Condé Nast Publications.
Ken is responsible for all of Condé Nast's online subscription generation enterprises.
In that role he manages a team of marketers to optimize production from all of Condé Nast's web properties, its email database, and all external online campaigns including affiliate, paid search and co-generation campaigns.
Ken began his career in the digital universe as one of the founding members of what is now Moody's Economy.com. He has extensive experience managing both the technical and the marketing operations of large online properties in the media industry.
Ken will moderate the Multichannel Marketing roundtable.
Nicole is an innovative digital marketer with over 10 years of experience, driving business results across a number of direct response oriented accounts. Her recent initiatives include leading international strategic marketing and performance media across accounts such as Lenovo and CEC. Her work on Lenovo has supported global marketing programs and centralized planning & buying across multiple markets including EMEA (15+ countries).
Prior to joining Neo@Ogilvy, Nicole honed her digital and consulting skills at DIGITAS, where she advised clients across multiple industries (Tech, Energy, Automotive, and Telecom). Nicole's expertise is rooted in acquisition-based and online lead-generation. Working on accounts such as Dell, SAAB, and AT&T, programs focused on audience segmentation, innovation, buy diversification, and program performance.
Nicole will moderate the Online Advertising roundtable.
Judith Carr is the new Managing Director of LBi IconNicholson. In her new role, Judith will be responsible for leading the day-to-day activity of IconNicholson, the Manhattan-based full-service agency owned by LBi.
She will also oversee the merger of Special Ops Media, an interactive agency that has recently been acquired by LBi, and is set to be rebranded under the LBi umbrella. Together, their clients will include Nestle Waters, The National Gallery of Art, Moneygram, McKinsey, National Grid, Newell Rubbermaid, Focus, Universal Music Group, William Grant & Sons, Proximo Spirits and Home Depot.
Since joining LBi London in 2002, Judith was responsible for working on the agency's BT business, as well as presiding over its Brahma beer and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe accounts. She was also Client Services Director of the 450 person agency. She has led many successful new business pitches, winning new work from Garanti Bank, Starbucks and Unilever.
Judith started her career at Lowe Direct on the highly competitive graduate scheme.
Judith will moderate the Site Search & Merchandising roundtable.
Kevin Kearney is well-known figure in world of interface design and digital strategy. He founded Hard Candy Shell, a rapidly growing New York-based agency, as an alternative to big digital agencies providing "integrated marketing services" and "end-to-end solutions." Kevin currently spends most of his time trying to inject much-needed design thinking and product development strategy into major media properties and get them focused less on marketing trends and more on creating great products. Some of Hard Candy Shell's clients include The Wall Street Journal, Saturday Night Live, Gilt Groupe, Turner, CBS Radio, Gawker Media, Universal Music, and UrbanDaddy.
Before starting Hard Candy Shell Kevin was at Razorfish for 8 years, eventually as Director of User Experience where his client work included the relaunches of the New York Times (2006) and CNN (2007) and the launch of Hulu (2008).
Kevin will moderate the User Experience and Customer Journeys roundtable.
Adam Wallace is the New Media Manager for the Roger Smith Hotel, a family-run boutique art hotel in midtown Manhattan. In his three years there he has helped establish the hotel’s reputation as a pioneer in social media marketing. His first project was building a video based website for the Roger Smith Hotel in 2006 with Panman Productions and Roger Smith Arts, which evolved into the hotel’s current blog, RogerSmithLife.com. More recently Wallace has worked with the Roger Smith team to create video and photography content on YouTube and Flickr while building a substantial and loyal following on Twitter and Facebook. Through these online relationships the Roger Smith has become a hub for social media leaders and innovators from across the country. Wallace now manages and monitors all of the hotels online marketing channels.
Adam will moderate the Social Media II roundtable.
Who should attend?
With over 21,000 registered members in the U.S. (and a further 60,000 globally), Econsultancy already has a strong relationship with the senior corporate and client-side marketers.
If you have responsibility for your organization's online marketing, head up a digital team for a Fortune 500 corporate, a large online player or an e-commerce site, then you should consider requesting attendance. There'll be a maximum of 180 attendees.
Join us at the Peer Summit for:
- Three roundtable sessions to deep-dive into the matters at the top of your agenda
- Senior networking and knowledge sharing throughout the day and later, at the Cocktail Reception
- Three thought-provoking keynote presentations
- Interaction with key suppliers in the market
- Access to Econsultancy content (see http://econsultancy.com/reports)
Small group discussions enable maximum interaction and knowledge-sharing between you, your peers and industry experts
Who is coming?
- Director Digital Technology, BBC Worldwide Americas
- Director, Online Marketing, Conde Nast
- VP/Global Events, PR Newswire
- Global eMarketing Leader, DuPont
- Director, Business Development, Random House
- Director US Online Acquisition, American Express
- Manager, Online Sales and Marketing Analysis, Random House
- Ebusiness Manager, Mars Drinks
- Co-Founder, FutureNow
- Marketing Analytics, Network Solutions
- Online-Affiliate Marketing Manager, Vistaprint
- Director, Business Development, American Express OPEN
- VP, Interactive, American Express
- Media Director, Neo@Ogilvy
- Sr. Consultant, Search Marketing, FindLaw
- President, ASAP House
- VP Digital Marketing, MTV
- Head of online marketing, HSBC Private Bank
- Brand Manager, MD Corrective Care
- Director, eBusiness, Scholastic
- Membership Director, mediabistro.com
- Corporate Strategy Consultant and President, SEMPO
- Sr. Director, Strategic Marketing, ThomasNet
- CMO, Zinio
- Marketing Director, Action Gaming Network
- Director of Marketing, DaniWeb
- VP, Econsultancy
- Marketing Communications Director, Interactive Advertising Bureau
- Director eCommerce Marketing, Waterford Wedgwood Royal Doulton
- IBM, Market Insights
- VP, Global Digital Marketing & Operations, Laureate Higher Education
- Sr. Director, Marketing, SAP Global Marketing
- Director Online Marketing, Conde Nast
- executive director, intl ecommerce, Estee Lauder Companies
- Global Channel Marketing Program Manager, CA
- CMO, Clever Cookie
- CEO, Deep Focus
- CRM Program Director, Macmillan Publishing
- Director, Digital Marketing, Mercedes-Benz USA
- CEO, Econsultancy
- CMO, Oce Business Services
- Markets Liaison, Harlequin Enterprises
- Marketing Manager, Bowers & Wilkins
- Web Analyst, NBC UNI
- Director - Ecommerce Clinique, The Estee Lauder Companies
- Online Marketing Manager, ERM
- CEO, The Aaronson Group
- Director, Site Optimization, Comcast Interactive Media
- Head, Web Strategy and Services, CFA Institute
- VP - Marketing, JPMorgan
- US Managing Director, LBi
- CMO, J.G. Wentworth
- Internet business strategy consultant, JupiterResearch
- Senior Marketing Analyst, Flycell
- sr. manager interactive creative, American Express
- Vice President Search Technology, Waterfront Media
- Chief Marketing Officer, Emerging Vision
- Director, Interactive Ad Sales, AARP Services
- Email Marketing Associate, The New York Times
- Head of Central Marketing, Institutional Investor
- MD, Interactive Media Initiative, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Director of Marketing, Communications & Internet Services, NJICLE
- Director, Marketing, The Conference Board
- Co-founder, eatricious
- Director of Marketing, Prime Time Transportation
- Relationship Marketing, Brooks Brothers
- Manager, Digital Analytics & Optimization, Calvin Klein
- Vice President/Marketing, Esselte
- Marketing Manager, Edison Properties
- Manager, International Marketing, Soccer Resort
- Director, Execunet
- Director of Marketing, New York State Bar Association
- Director, Marketing Communications, ThomasNet
- Web Marketing Manager, The New York Times
- eCommerce Manager, Scholastic
- VP, Marketing & PR, PR Newswire
- Director of Marketing and Business Development, MAZE Laboratories
- Executive Director, Strategic Marketing, The New Republic
- Head of Member Experience and Retention Marketing, ExecuNet
- E-Mail Production Associate, The New York Times Company
- Online Marketing Manager, PepBoys
- Sr Marketing Manager, American Express
- VP, Marketing, J.P. Morgan
- Marketing Manager, Digital Subscription Products, The New York Times Company
- Assoc Director, Online Strategy, Conde Nast Publications
- General Manager, ideeli
- CEO, MRMI
- Digital Business Director, Time Out New York
- CTO, EcomNets
- Manager, Internet Products Group, Wyndham Worldwide Hotel Group
- Mgr. Web Marketing and Ecommerce, Esselte Corporation
- Enterprise Project Manager, Ecomnets Inc
- Senior Manager, American Express
- Senior Consultant, N.E.W. Customer Service Companies
- Senior Manager, US Tennis Association
- VP, Marketing & Communications, J.P. Morgan Investment Bank
- Sr Mgr CRM, SIRIUS XM
- CMO, Save the Children
- Senior Online Marketing Mgr, Forbes
- Manager, Advertising Production, The Wall Street Journal
- Project Manager, The Wall Street Journal
- Email/Online Marketing, Brooks Brothers
- Associate, J.P. Morgan
- Marketing & Communications, AmeriBag, Inc.
- Syndication Manager, McKinsey & Company
- Creative Marketing Director, Conde Nast Publications
- Manager, Email Strategy, QVC
- Manager, Email Marketing, QVC
- Marketing Analyst, J.P. Morgan
- Publisher, The McKinsey Quarterly, McKinsey & Co.
- Director, Digital Strategy, NBC Universal
- Director of Emarketing, American Management Association
- Web Manager, Brooks Brothers
- Director, Head of E-Trading CRM, Barclays Capital
- Director, Interactive Marketing, Century 21 Real Estate LLC
- Director, Digital Marketing, Scholastic
- BARX Sales, Barclays Capital
- Marketing Manager, NPR
- Communications and Marketing Assoc, PBS NewsHour
- VP Director of Interactive Communications, Combe Incorporated
- Digital Media Consultant, International Center for Journalists
- Director, Digital Marketing, NHLPA
- Director, Online Marketing, CT Corporation - A Wolters Kluwer Company
- Business Analyst, Flycell, Inc
- CEO, I Do Now I Don't
- Manager, SAP Global Marketing
This invitation-only event is free but places are exclusively for senior client-side emarketers from brands, etailers or publishers.
Note that in order to Request Attendance, you will need to be a member of Econsultancy (free)
If you are an agency or vendor then there are sponsorship opportunities available. Please contact Mark Thompson at email@example.com or +16468451835 or view our sponsorship information document.
Contact Charlie Salter firstname.lastname@example.org or +16468451835 for further information on attending the event as a delegate. You must be a senior emarketer from a brand, etailer or publisher to gain free attendance.
For sponsorship enquiries, please contact Mark Thompson at email@example.com or +16468451835.
- October 8 2009 (8:30am – 7:00pm)
- Metropolitan Pavilion, New York, United States
- 1 day
Sorry, this event is now sold out.
- Econsultancy's Certificate in Digital Marketing & Google AdWords Qualified Individual Certification **HRDF Claimable** - Malaysia
- Online Merchandising
- Econsultancy's Certificate in Digital Marketing & Google AdWords Qualified Individual Certification - Singapore
- Content Marketing for Web, Mobile and Social Media - Singapore
- Psychology for Digital Marketing