|Date||June 22 2011 (8:30am – 10:15am)|
|Venue||Etc Venues, The Hatton, London, United Kingdom|
|Duration||About 2 hours|
About the event
This briefing will provide marketers with an insight into social games and the psychological mechanics they use to boost customer engagement and brand awareness.
As multichannel commerce becomes commonplace, it’s more important than ever to focus on long-term engagement and coherence, creating a uniform, satisfying customer experience across every platform.
Recently, social gaming & gamification has become an increasingly important part of this mix, using game mechanics to enhance UX and guide user behaviour.
This Innovation Briefing will cover:
· The history of games & 'game mechanics': what are 'games', why are people playing games (homo ludens), what makes games 'fun' or addictive
· Casual & social games: how games took over the world (explosion #gamers, new audiences, new metrics-driven generation of game designers, brands getting more involved and examples of how brands work with games)
· Game mechanics: psychology & examples (e.g. FarmVille) - compulsion & feedback loops, how clever tricks drive viral growth, monetization, engagement
· From games to gamification: definition & key areas of interest (loyalty programs, customer acquisition/sales, viral marketing, engagement, conversion)
· Cases, examples & key learning's so far (for both B2B & B2C companies)
· The future of social games & gamification
Speakers' and panelists' profiles
Raf Keustermans is an experienced marketing and business leader in the digital media & entertainment industry. As the former Global Marketing Director of EA Playfish, he knows the ins and outs of social media and social games. Prior to Playfish, he headed up the European arm of EA’s successful freemium casual games platform Pogo.com. Before that he worked as a project manager & strategic planner for agencies like BBDO, Grey and Publicis (1998-2005) and as the Head of Marketing for leading online gambling operator Unibet in Western Europe (2005-2008). Raf is currently working as an independent consultant and social media strategist.
Etc Venues, The Hatton
For any enquiries, please contact email@example.com or call 020 7269 1470.