1. Executive Summary “We don’t sell a product, we sell an experience.” That’s how 62% of marketing executives in the wellness and healthcare category describe their business. Healthcare marketers know that their market is changing as the power dynamic shifts toward the consumer. What isn’t so clear is what to do about it. Based on […]
The Consumerization of Healthcare
Healthcare marketers know that their market is changing as the power dynamic shifts toward the consumer. What isn’t so clear is what to do about it.
Based on a survey of 2,655 American healthcare consumers, this paper examines how consumer expectation is changing healthcare, how consumers evaluate and prioritize the different stages of their experience and what marketers can do today to meet these emerging needs.
Research, Trends and Best Practice
1. Introduction Neurodiversity is considered to be an essential form of human diversity. The idea that there is one ‘normal’ or ‘healthy’ type of brain or one ‘right’ style of neurocognitive functioning is no more valid than the idea that there is one ‘normal’ or ‘right’ gender, race or culture. There is evidence that neurodiversity […]
1. Introduction When compared with other sectors, such as financial services, retail and travel, pharma and healthcare has been relatively slow in its digital transformation journey. However, in recent years, organisations in the sector have made impressive strides when it comes to using digital to improve the customer experience. This is due to a convergence […]
1. Executive Summary The 2017 Digital Trends in Healthcare and Pharma report is based on a sample of almost 500 respondents working in the healthcare and pharma sector who were among more than 14,000 digital professionals taking part in the annual Digital Trends survey carried out in November and December 2016. The research, conducted by […]
From the blog
The beauty industry is a saturated market, filled with a multitude of brands vying for the attention and loyalty of consumers. A stand-out product or interesting story is no longer enough to succeed, it seems, as consumers become increasingly demanding and more digitally-savvy than ever before.
Becky Canvin is the Director of Social Media at Ogilvy Health, one of the largest global networks for healthcare communications.
To reach consumers, pharma companies are increasingly looking for ways to engage patients and prospective patients through digital channels. While this typically takes the form of marketing campaigns, in a growing number of cases, pharma companies are developing full-fledged online services.
The consumerization of healthcare has organizations in the market rethinking the ways they engage with patients.
The healthcare industry is rapidly evolving thanks to technology, but a number of recent developments suggest one of the drivers of a new wave of innovation might come from a marriage between healthcare players and transportation firms.
Its fortunes dented by Facebook, Snapchat is looking to cozy up to a lucrative base of potential clients — pharma marketers — by billing itself as a friendlier alternative to the world’s largest social network.
Looking for statistics and market data on healthcare and pharmaceutical?
The Internet Statistics Database contains over 6,500 global charts and statistics related to healthcare and pharmaceutical, for you to browse, save and export.
Webinar: Embracing Innovation and Technology in Digital Marketing
This webinar complements the report, Embracing Innovation and Technology in Digital Marketing – Pharma and Healthcare.
Agenda points covered, include:
- The need for transformation in pharma and healthcare, due to digitally driven healthcare convergence.
- The four key strategic pillars of transformation in digital marketing
Benchmark your company's digital performance
See how your organisation’s digital performance measures up compared to others in the healthcare sector, with the Performance Benchmarks tool. You can search, save and export sector-specific metrics from average cost per click on Facebook to click rate.