1. Introduction This guide has been written to help senior marketers better understand the opportunities offered by experiential marketing, outlining when and how the discipline can add value. Its purpose is to help brands plan and execute experiential marketing activities and to be mindful of the challenges involved. New studies show that we are continuing […]
Digital Shift Report: Q4 2019
Digital Shift discusses the latest trends and key shifts in the digital marketing and ecommerce space. This quarter’s update dives into AI and machine learning, smart home, quantum computing, new social, brain-computer interface technology, and the lessons we can learn from Amazon.
Research, Best Practice and Trends
1. Introduction ‘Learning from Digital Disruptors’ defines best practice strategies, tactics and approaches from disruptive brands and businesses and distils key learnings that marketers can usefully apply in their day-to-day roles. The goal was to understand key thinking and innovative techniques and provide some practical guidance on their potential application in order to help marketers […]
1. Introduction 1.1. Executive summary Chatbots have seen a rise in popularity over the last few years, with the cost of implementing the technology going down and the curiosity around AI taking off. Nevertheless, the definitions around what a chatbot is and what a chatbot can do are still blurred. For the purpose of this […]
1. Introduction Powerful technological forces are impacting the marketing profession and the companies and industries where marketers work. Econsultancy identifies, analyses and writes about many of these forces; ubiquitous connectivity, artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things to name a few. The same technologies are also enabling new and agile innovators to launch digitally enabled […]
1. Introduction 1.1. Executive Summary Artificial intelligence (AI) is an area of technology that has suffered from over-hyping and confusing language, but clarity is finally developing. AI is the ability of technology to make smart decisions in a human way in relation to such things as visual perception, speech recognition, decision-making, and translation between languages. […]
1. Introduction 1.1. Executive Summary The Internet of Things (IoT) refers to the embedding of sensors into objects so they can connect to each other and the environment via the internet. It promises a more seamless world where many decisions and actions are automated to make our lives better and easier, offering enhanced value and […]
1. Executive summary Almost half (46%) of the 1,200 IT professionals surveyed for the 2019 Econsultancy/Adobe Digital Trends Report expect improving customer experience (CX) and data security to be top of their organisation’s priority list this year. The quality of the CX delivered by an organisation is increasingly recognised as a crucial area of competition, […]
1. Introduction This report investigates the successes, strengths and challenges of Amazon and outlines what marketers across industries can learn from the retail giant. It will also consider what the future holds for Amazon and explore what marketers can learn from the company. With Amazon recently becoming a trillion-dollar company and the only one to […]
"Globally, 48% of the financial services companies say they use AI/Machine learning technology"
Find and explore more stats like this in the Internet Statistics Database, for you to save and download.
The University of Southampton’s Replay campaign invites past students to share songs that evokes a university memory, collecting them in a playlist that re-engaged the alumni community, an important source of potential volunteers, donors and ambassadors.
Mediaworks’ Bee in the City app, which let Mancunians search for a colony of bee sculptures dotted around the city, gets more than 19,000 downloads, raising money for the We Love MCR Charity and reviving curiosity about Manchester’s culture.
The football club, looking to enhance engagement on both match days and non-match days, develops an app that keeps fans updated and that can hold game tickets.
From the Blog
Clients are taking back control of their relationships with agencies, who must adapt to being flexible and determined to succeed.
Five years on from the initial launch of the Amazon Echo in November 2014, many would claim that we’re in the midst of a ‘voice revolution’.
This week’s stats roundup includes news on consumer loyalty, seasonal retail trends, automation, and so much more.
Fashion ecommerce 2020: Which trends are disrupting the industry?
Fashion ecommerce is continuously changing, with consumer expectations pushing brands to innovate in order to stand out amid stiff competition. So, how are fashion ecommerce brands rising to the challenge?
This briefing covers new and current trends within the industry, information on the brands that are demonstrating best practice, and a look at how it’s paying off.