1. Introduction This guide has been written to help senior marketers better understand the opportunities offered by experiential marketing, outlining when and how the discipline can add value. Its purpose is to help brands plan and execute experiential marketing activities and to be mindful of the challenges involved. New studies show that we are continuing […]
Digital Transformation Monthly: 2019 in Review
In this special retrospective edition of Digital Transformation Monthly, Rebecca Sentance looks back at the digital transformation trends and developments in each industry that characterised 2019, from experiential retail to faltering fintechs, and predicts which trends are likely to continue or emerge in 2020.
Research, Best Practice and Trends
1. Introduction ‘Learning from Digital Disruptors’ defines best practice strategies, tactics and approaches from disruptive brands and businesses and distils key learnings that marketers can usefully apply in their day-to-day roles. The goal was to understand key thinking and innovative techniques and provide some practical guidance on their potential application in order to help marketers […]
1. Introduction 1.1. Executive summary Chatbots have seen a rise in popularity over the last few years, with the cost of implementing the technology going down and the curiosity around AI taking off. Nevertheless, the definitions around what a chatbot is and what a chatbot can do are still blurred. For the purpose of this […]
1. Introduction Powerful technological forces are impacting the marketing profession and the companies and industries where marketers work. Econsultancy identifies, analyses and writes about many of these forces; ubiquitous connectivity, artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things to name a few. The same technologies are also enabling new and agile innovators to launch digitally enabled […]
1. Introduction 1.1. Executive Summary Artificial intelligence (AI) is an area of technology that has suffered from over-hyping and confusing language, but clarity is finally developing. AI is the ability of technology to make smart decisions in a human way in relation to such things as visual perception, speech recognition, decision-making, and translation between languages. […]
1. Introduction 1.1. Executive Summary The Internet of Things (IoT) refers to the embedding of sensors into objects so they can connect to each other and the environment via the internet. It promises a more seamless world where many decisions and actions are automated to make our lives better and easier, offering enhanced value and […]
"Globally, 48% of the financial services companies say they use AI/Machine learning technology"
Find and explore more stats like this in the Internet Statistics Database, for you to save and download.
The University of Southampton’s Replay campaign invites past students to share songs that evokes a university memory, collecting them in a playlist that re-engaged the alumni community, an important source of potential volunteers, donors and ambassadors.
Mediaworks’ Bee in the City app, which let Mancunians search for a colony of bee sculptures dotted around the city, gets more than 19,000 downloads, raising money for the We Love MCR Charity and reviving curiosity about Manchester’s culture.
The football club, looking to enhance engagement on both match days and non-match days, develops an app that keeps fans updated and that can hold game tickets.
From the Blog
If you’re keen to attend our Digital Trends 2020 Breakfast Briefing on January 23rd, we regret to tell you that we are now fully booked.
2010 marked the launch of Instagram. It was also the year that Byron Sharp released “How Brands Grow”.
Every year I pick out the digital and marketing trends and developments which I believe will shape the industry and digital/marketing planning and thinking in the year ahead.
Fashion ecommerce 2020: Which trends are disrupting the industry?
Fashion ecommerce is continuously changing, with consumer expectations pushing brands to innovate in order to stand out amid stiff competition. So, how are fashion ecommerce brands rising to the challenge?
This briefing covers new and current trends within the industry, information on the brands that are demonstrating best practice, and a look at how it’s paying off.