1. Introduction Shopping campaigns operate on the same cost-per-click (CPC) model as their Search ad counterparts. The main difference between the ad types is that Shopping ads provide an image and price of each product, making these results highly appealing to consumers. In recent years, Google Shopping has continued to experience sustained growth and is […]
Paid Search Best Practice Guide
Econsultancy’s refreshed and updated series of Paid Search Best Practice guides covers everything you need to know about the complex, though potentially very lucrative, area of paid search advertising.
Research, Trends and Best Practice
1. Introduction Video advertising can be an effective, eye-catching medium for building brand awareness when done properly. As more video content is consumed online, it makes sense that brands will want to follow suit with rich media video adverts promoting their brands. Unlike text ads in traditional paid search, video ads open up a whole […]
1. Introduction This report explores some of the worldwide opportunities for expansion across a range of territories and languages, before moving on to some of the practical considerations that must be kept in mind when planning to launch a PPC campaign in a new market. Although it is relatively straightforward to target new countries in […]
1. Introduction A sound knowledge of how marketing channels are operated and optimised is vital for success in paid search. The level of dependency on paid search as a channel fluctuates from industry to industry and business to business. The most successful campaigns understand where paid search fits in the wider picture and how to […]
1. Introduction Paid search has many different channels with a high degree of customisation. Before advertisers set their accounts up and start to structure their campaigns, it is essential that there is a proper plan and strategy in place. This is regardless of whether advertisers are working with an agency or managing the whole process […]
1. Introduction The majority of a paid search practitioner’s time will be spent analysing and optimising performance of ads and campaigns. In a dynamic industry, where new features are constantly being released and the competitive marketplace changes daily, an efficient and robust optimisation strategy will help advertisers stay ahead of the curve and maintain relevance […]
Henry Carless, PPC and Data Science Specialist at search agency Vertical Leap, shares some advice for optimising PPC campaigns.
Advertising platforms are offering more automation tools. However, it is important to look at the bigger picture and not always view channels in isolation. There are several key examples when automation may not be the best solution for retailers using paid search.
Should your hotel maintain, slow or pause paid advertising activity? What other opportunities are there during the Covid-19 crisis?
2020 has been an eventful year for SEO practitioners, PPC specialists and anyone working in the field of search marketing.
In a new report written by Econsultancy in partnership with DeepCrawl, we explore the value of SEO and organic search in striving for top digital performance. In particular, we explore the strategies to effectively align investments to marketing goals, challenges frequently experienced and approaches to overcoming barriers.
Google recently announced that its Page Experience ranking update, which uses Core Web Vitals along with a number of other metrics to assess user experience quality, will be rolling out in May 2021. How can marketers best use the time between now and May to prepare for the change?
Need to convince your boss that paid search marketing is right for your company? Want to be sure you spend your budget in the best possible way? Our Business Case can help by providing research, tips and information from the experts.
Core, customisable templates to help you report and analyse your paid search (PPC) campaigns. This is included as part of Econsultancy’s Digital Marketing Template Files bundle.
A selection of key documents to help guide you through assessing or starting a paid search (PPC) campaign. All templates are easily adaptable and are included as part of a wider digital marketing pack.