Ashley Friedlein, best-selling author and CEO of leading UK online e-business information and advice service e-consultancy.com, is launching his latest book Maintaining and Evolving Successful Commercial Web Sites. Published by Morgan Kaufmann, it will be available online and in bookshops internationally from 15 December 2002, priced $44.95 (around £26).
Friedlein’s first book, Web Project Management: Delivering Successful Commercial Web Sites, has sold over 20,000 copies globally and has become an industry staple. It has recently been translated into German and Chinese.
The new book, which is subtitled Managing Change, Content, Customer Relationships and Site Measurement, addresses the realities of running a successful Web site in today’s pressurised commercial environment. Now more than ever, the Web and other digital channels must be seen to deliver. Management wants to maximize returns, customers demand a more sophisticated and efficient service, and yet the amount of information companies need to manage just keeps growing. How to meet all these needs, and keep a site integrated with core business?
Maintaining and Evolving Successful Commercial Web Sites has been written to answer these questions. It uses in-depth case studies from Channel 4, Teletext, First Direct, Channel 5, Autoglass, WHSmith Online and others to demonstrate candidly how the issues discussed in the book translate into reality. The book gives the reader the knowledge, tools, approaches, and processes to manage key Web site maintenance and evolution projects, answering questions such as:
- How can I better manage changes and updates to our Web site?
- What is content management and how do I go about it?
- What is Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and how do I actually do it online?
- How do I go about personalisation or community building?
- How do I measure how well the site is doing, and then improve performance?
Comments on the new book:
Bob Boiko, author of The Content Management Bible and President of Metatorial Services: “Ashley Friedlein takes four very complex but very important subjects and boils them down to their essentials. With an abundance of practical examples and a strong feeling for what common sense dictates, he leads you to the heart of what it takes to keep a big site running and improving.”
Jim Sterne, author of Web Metrics and President of Target Marketing:
“If you run a Web site, own a Web site, or are merely responsible for the success of a Web site, this is the book you need. Big picture philosophy and detailed practicality make it the appropriate practicum for progressive Web professionals.”
Notes to Editors:
- Ashley Friedlein is co-founder and CEO of e-consultancy (www.e-consultancy.com), an online and offline service for UK e-business professionals providing access to the best e-business information and advice. He began his career in digital media at Pearson and Bloomberg, before becoming Lead Strategist at Wheel, where he successfully managed the development, delivery and ongoing maintenance of several major Internet sites, in particular for media owners.
For more information contact Tim Gibbon on 07930 375663 or 020 8586 5767 or email@example.com
Published on: 12:00AM on 26th November 2002