Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
hybris, a leading provider of multichannel commerce and communication software, today announced it is partnering with Google to provide enhanced search capabilities to its customers around the globe. The new cross-channel search and merchandising functionalities, powered by Google Commerce Search (GCS), will be integrated into the existing hybris platform, giving marketers and retailers an enterprise-class search solution that is optimized for online shoppers. This integrated solution will help drive increased conversion rates for hybris customers by providing a best-in-class search experience for shoppers on any device.
Commenting on the partnership, Ariel Lüdi, CEO of hybris, said: “This is the perfect marriage of solutions for the industry. Google is the leader in search quality, and with GCS now packaging this technology for enterprises, retailers have a significant opportunity to boost conversions. hybris is the only vendor to offer an integrated multi-channel commerce solution. This exciting partnership aligns the significant yet complementary strengths of both hybris and Google in a highly competitive and market-leading offering, which delivers against all the key dimensions today’s customers expect – including true omni-channel innovation, a global platform, scalability, and fast time to deployment and return on investment.”
hybris customers can benefit from the power of GCS on their site in a number of ways:
• Wisdom of the Crowds - Google Commerce Search’s relevance, search suggestions, and Search as You Type features all benefit from machine learning algorithms that get insights from the billions of daily queries flowing through Google.com. This delivers unmatched search accuracy that drives increased conversion rates.
• Google Search Quality – Google also improves the overall search quality through spelling, commerce-specific synonyms, and advanced language handling, all of which benefit from the scale or Google’s public search operations.
• Search As You Type – provides automated type-ahead suggested queries, and visual product search results as the user types.
• Merchandising – enables organizations to merchandise according to user search/browse behaviors, and extend to business users the power to manage key features.
Google Product Recommendations – provides automatically calculated product recommendations based on aggregated user behaviour, driving cross-sell and upsell that increase average order value and conversion.
In addition, customers will benefit from the powerful, cloud-based GCS solution that delivers:
• Automatic updates from Google
• Reduced complexity of set up and operations
• Immediate, global scale, performance and availability
• Highly effective total cost of ownership.
Matthew Eichner, General Manager, Global Enterprise Search at Google, commented:
“In today’s omni-channel world, retailers need to embrace technologies that make it simple for end customers to find and purchase their goods and services on any device, at any location, including incorporating local context like in-store inventories. hybris shares this vision, and their technology embraces this next wave of commerce. We’re delighted to be working in partnership with the hybris team to help retailers across the world build more interactive, relevant and powerful ecommerce experiences”
The joint solution will be available worldwide and will be implemented through hybris’ network of market-leading implementation partners including Acquity, arvato, Reply/PortalTech, Unic, Pragiti and Sapient. hybris will conduct joint global sales and marketing with Google.
hybris is a leading vendor of next generation end-to-end multichannel commerce software based on a single platform including managed and hosting services. Its clear vision about the need for consistency, coordination and personalization of information across all channels and throughout all phases of the customer lifecycle has resulted in the development of an integrated, agile solution enabling businesses to communicate and sell across all channels – online and offline - in a consistent and effective way. hybris has 14 offices around the world located in the economic capitals of North/South America, Europe and Asia and supports over 380 global customers. Customers are brands from retail and manufacturing industries, including: Bobcat, Clarks, Coca Cola Beverages, Conrad, Grundfos, Hornbach, Iomega, Kaiser+Kraft, Levi´s, Lufthansa, Migros, Nespresso, Nikon, P&G, Rexel, Timberland and Toys´R´Us.
Published on: 4:09PM on 10th May 2012