Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
* Date: Commerce Summit on the 30/31 August in Hamburg
* Leading European experts meet to exchange knowledge and expertise
* Organizer ePages celebrates 25 years of online success
* Register here www.commerce-summit.com
Hamburg, August 7, 2012 – How is the traditional retail market reacting to developments in Internet technology? ePages, the leading provider of cloud-based eShops invites you to the Commerce Summit on August 30-31 in Hamburg. During the two-day conference; over 400 eCommerce experts and participants from all over Europe, will discuss a variety of online strategies for small and medium-sized businesses.
ePages is bringing a wide-range of eCommerce players at the conference: influential decision-makers from the Hosting industry, technology providers and individual merchants who have already made the jump into online business. Experts from leading online players such as Google, Microsoft, PayPal, Otto Group, Strato, Qype and DHL will be speaking.
In keynote addresses and three parallel-running lecture sessions, industry experts and eShop operators will find out what possibilities the new technologies and eCommerce trends can offer them. The growing importance of online business is made tangible using practical examples and explorations of future trends; such as augmented reality and same-day delivery.
The conference is supported by these branch experts (among others):
- Arndt Groth, President of the Bundesverband Digitale Wirtschaft (BVDW) and designated CEO of the PubliGroupe will discuss online strategies for small and medium-sized businesses with branch insiders.
- Julien Ardisson, Executive Director at STRATO AG, will present various trends and opportunities in the cloud.
- Dr. Lars Finger, Divisional Vice President Corporate Development E-Commerce at Otto Group, will provide insight into the future of online business.
- Ian Brotherston, CEO of Qype, will speak about the meaning of SoLoMo applications for businesses i.e. the use of social networks and location data on m-mobile devices.
- Tim Bosenick, managing director of GfK SirValUse, will provide insight and tips about the usability of online shops.
- Dr. Thomas Ogilvie, Senior Vice President Online Services at DHL, will speak about the meaning of logistics in eCommerce.
Additional conference topics are:
- Cloud Computing: Why are small and medium-sized businesses increasingly choosing cloud solutions?
- Multichannel: Why the majority of shop operators are multichannel merchants.
- Mobile Devices & Touch: How do mobile and touch devices improve the shopping experience and how can they be used to reach more buyers?
The online market continues to grow in strength and ePages has been a pioneer in this field for 25 years: "In August 1987 we began developing business applications that were intended to be "easy-to-use". A graphical user interface for non-technical users and an object-oriented software architecture that ran over the Internet. 25 years later and with 60,000 customers, we are the leading provider of cloud-based online shops. It’s a success that we want to expand upon in the future", says Wilfried Beeck, CEO of ePages. "ePages has been a part of online business from the very beginning, and it is only logical on the occasion of our 25th year of existence to discuss the continued future of online business with our partners, customers and online experts."
Decision-makers and interested parties from the digital marketplace can register as participants under www.commerce-summit.com. A day ticket costs EUR99 including lunch and coffee break. A two-day ticket – including participation in a networking party above the rooftops of Hamburg on the evening of August 30 – is available for EUR249.
You can find more detailed information about the entire conference program and all speakers at www.commerce-summit.com.
ePages(www.epages.com) is provides the world's leading eCommerce cloud service platform. International hosting providers, business directories as well as telecommunication companies and postal operators offer online shops and business websites based on the ePages platform for a monthly fee. This allows their customers to create professional online shops and business websites quickly and cost-effectively. Through the cooperation with over 60 technology partners, ePages offers integrations into the most important online portals, search engines, marketing platforms, and payment and ERP systems. Over 60,000 companies operate their online shops and business websites with ePages. ePages has headquarters in Hamburg with additional offices in London, Barcelona, Boston and Jena.
Published on: 3:00PM on 7th August 2012