Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
-- An integrated system for managing document lifecycle helps organisations improve accountability and increase efficiencies --
London, UK March 16 2005 – Ektron Inc., today announced the release of DMS400, a document management system that supports the requirements of mid-market and enterprise-level organisations by enabling them to bring their information assets under control in a coherent, automated way. With DMS400 knowledge workers can collaborate on projects, as well as rapidly search and access documents, images, multimedia and other information assets within a process-driven Web-based solution.
“The pressure on organisations to manage documents and digital assets in a centralised, secure environment has never been greater,” said Bill Rogers, founder and CEO, Ektron Inc. “The deployment of document management solutions has traditionally required a significant investment of time, budget and IT expertise, however Ektron DMS400 debuts as a feature-rich, low-cost, quick to deploy solution that addresses mid-market demands. Ektron blazed new trails with our Web CMS and will do the same with our DMS.”
Ektron DMS400 enables organisations to streamline processes for creating, editing publishing and sharing documents and other assets while providing organisations with real-time monitoring of information to address accountability and auditing issues associated with managing these files. Because it’s tightly integrated with Microsoft technologies, individuals can create and manage Microsoft Office files, and a wide range of additional file types including PDF’s, images, and audio and videos files. It also enables users to collaborate on projects and rapidly search and access documents via the Web.
In an attempt to lower document lifecycle management costs and minimise risk by ensuring regulatory compliance, organisations are seeking solutions that automate workflow, foster collaboration among knowledge workers, and improve search of documents and other digital assets. Ektron DMS400 addresses these challenges with features including:
• Collaboration tools for knowledge workers and managers to share information, work together on document and content-related projects, publish information to the Web, and foster an environment for improved productivity.
• Automation tools that provide a process-driven framework linking all workers and streamlining manual tasks; automating the steps for projects from start to finish
• Reporting tools to place real-time information about people, process and information at the desktop of administrators and managers. Allows organisations to make the best use of resources by identifying and correcting inefficiencies.
• Search functionality lets individuals quickly locate and access documents and assets based on indexed criteria and full text regardless of whether the information is on the public or Intranet site or in DMS400
• Industry-specific business process automation allows any organisation to eliminate previously manual, paper-based business processes and tasks by automating them on the Web
• Globalisation tools support organisations’ growing need to reach new markets and communicate with multilingual audiences with speed, efficiency and accuracy
Ektron DMS400 is built from the ground up on the Microsoft .NET Framework, making it a scalable solution that leverages an organisations’ existing expertise and infrastructure investments. The integration of Ektron’s document management system and Ektron’s content management solutions gives organisations the ability to manage and publish documents and other file types to Web sites, intranets, extranets and portals. Ektron CMS and DMS solutions share a common user interface, workflow model, security model, and provide a Microsoft-centric environment for end users, administrators and developers.
Pricing and Availability
Ektron DMS400 is currently available as an add-on to the Ektron CMS product line. Pricing begins at $11,400 for a 10-seat CMS-DMS bundle and $46,000 for an enterprise bundle (unlimited users). DMS400 will be available as a stand-alone product in May.
# # #
About Ektron Inc.
Ektron's software solutions streamline business and publishing processes and help organisations unlock the value of corporate information. At the same time, Ektron’s solutions enable organisations to lower content- and document-lifecycle costs, comply with regulatory requirements and unify the efforts of distributed knowledge workers. Ektron has more than 13,000 customer integrations worldwide including Intel, Pfizer, Celestica and Unilever. Headquartered in Amherst, New Hampshire, Ektron has offices throughout Europe. Visit www.ektron.com to find out how Ektron helps organisations manage people, process and information.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Published on: 12:00AM on 16th March 2005