Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
APRIL 2005 – Craghoppers, the travel and outdoor clothing company, has launched its first, online shopping website to open up a new direct channel for its customers via the Internet, designed and managed by Screen Pages, the e-commerce provider for retail and mail order companies.
Craghoppers has been pioneering travel, outdoor and adventure clothing, bringing the latest fabric technologies to the consumer in attractive, comfortable and practical styles with a sensible price tag. Craghoppers sells through retailers, concessions and recently, dedicated stores. Established in 1965, the company is now part of the same group as Regatta. The new web site complements its mail order division.
The transactional website (at http://www.craghoppers.com)has a number of unique features designed to improve the online shopping experience:
• it is the first website in the UK outdoor clothing industry that holds a “changing room” facility where the user can mix and match outfits;
• a “clickable catalogue” provides an attractive representation of the whole product range, using the RichFx visual merchandising platform. Visitors can literally turn the pages of the on-line catalogue, selecting products directly from this view;
• shoppers can also browse by activity – customers can choose suitable outdoor clothing depending on the activity weather;
• it makes full use of online promotions and web marketing, such as search engine optimisation, discounts & offers, e-mail marketing;
• it is fully integrated with the MNP Media mail order system for order processing and live stock availability on the website.
“There is a rapidly increasing trend for traditional retailers as well as wholesalers to open up direct channels to market via the Internet,” said Roger Willcocks, managing director of Screen Pages. “We can see already that well-known brands like Craghoppers can provide a great customer sales and fulfilment service which will improve their sales performance.”
“When we made the decision to build an online shop, it was very important that we picked the right partner” said Jim McNamara, managing director of Craghoppers. “We were impressed by Screen Pages’ e-commerce experience in online retailing and mail order with clothing companies.”
Published on: 12:00AM on 20th April 2005