Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
TradeDoubler’s April Tracker™ shows that the recent downturn in consumer confidence, which has impacted heavily on offline retail sales, has not had the same detrimental effect online.
Sales volumes grew by 13% compared to March, which equates to an increase of almost 100% compared to April 2004. At the same time, the total value of sales tracked and generated through TradeDoubler’s European network has also risen, although not by the same extent; increasing by 4% in April. So in effect, although consumers spent more online in April, average order values fell by 26%.
These figures back up the general trend of decreasing consumer confidence and show that whilst offline sales have suffered, consumers are increasingly turning to the internet for bargains and discounts that cannot be found offline.
Interestingly looking at the difference from March to April last year where both sales volumes and sales values decreased, we can interpret this as another positive milestone for online retail sales.
As this trend continues and the cost saving benefits of shopping online become more apparent and important to consumers, TradeDoubler expects the internet to continue to account for a greater proportion of total retail sales.
• Total sales volumes have increased by 13% month on month and by 93% year on year
• Month on month sales values rose by 4% to €107 million which is a 42% increase compared to April 2004.
• Average order values have dropped by 26% year on year and by 8% month on month
• Despite a 9% month on month decrease in April, the financial services sector remains 81% stronger than April 2004
• Unexpectedly bookings within the Travel sector have risen by 7% in April. This could suggest the sector is set for another year of exceptional online growth as April, when sales usually drop off slightly had been the best performing month of 2005 so far.
The TradeDoubler Tracker™ is a monthly report detailing online sales volumes and trends across Europe, based on TradeDoubler’s monitoring of sales made through its European network. The data contained within the Tracker shows results tracked and generated within TradeDoubler’s network covering 16 European countries with clients spanning a multitude of different sectors.
The data contained within this tracker is provided by TradeDoubler’s independent third party tracking technology.
Euro PR Group
T: +44 (0) 208 917 4900
Published on: 12:00AM on 12th May 2005