1. Introduction Shopping campaigns operate on the same cost-per-click (CPC) model as their Search ad counterparts. The main difference between the ad types is that Shopping ads provide an image and price of each product, making these results highly appealing to consumers. In recent years, Google Shopping has continued to experience sustained growth and is […]
1. Introduction The global coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic has had an unprecedented impact, affecting almost every aspect of daily life. Measures taken to slow the spread of the virus around the world have brought with them remarkable economic losses. The full economic impact of the crisis is at this stage unknown, but projections of the cost […]
1. Introduction 1.1 About this report Econsultancy’s series of Best Practice Guides have been created for modern marketing professionals who typically work in marketing or ecommerce roles. Given the ongoing significance of email, this guide will be relevant to CEOs to understand the business case for email, as well as anyone working in a marketing […]
1. Introduction Social media has grown exponentially. In January 2020, there were 3.80 billion social media users, with this number increasing by more than 9% (with 321 million new users) since January 2019. But the term is misleading: social media has become as important for business as it has for social interaction, reflecting the changing […]
Foreword I’m writing this Foreword in April 2020. At the moment, that seems particularly pertinent, although, hopefully, in six months that will bear no relevance whatsoever and we’ll have moved on from this challenging situation. It’s worth taking a moment to reflect on the added importance this has placed on all of our digital channels […]
In the Mideast and Asia, mall operators at the mercy of the pandemic are rethinking how they serve retail tenants and consumers.
How does Pinduoduo do social commerce? What are the secrets to its success? And is there anything that other companies – both within China and in the west – can learn from it?
1. Introduction This report is designed to provide marketers with practical and essential guidance into all aspects of content strategy. The role of content within marketing and digital marketing practice has never been more important than it is now, but it remains an area of constantly changing practice, with evolving dynamics around technology, content production […]
1. Introduction This guide has been written to complement Econsultancy’s Social Media Strategy Best Practice Guide, Social Media Platforms Overview, B2B Social Media Best Practice Guide and Paid Search Best Practice Guide. The purpose of this guide is to provide an overview of the opportunities, risks and the required investment of time, effort and budget […]
1. Introduction Welcome to the May edition of our regular Digital Transformation Monthly report, and our second ‘coronavirus crisis’ edition of the year. As I wrote in the introduction to last month’s report, it’s an unprecedented time to be putting together a report into digital transformation, as practically every story in business and marketing has […]