This how-to guide provides valuable insight which will help you to optimise the creation, promotion and measurement of content.
The report draws heavily on the lessons learned from writing for and editing the Econsultancy blog, and refers to written content in the form of blog articles, though the lessons apply equally well to other types of content.
“We’ve created this report to share the wealth of valuable lessons we’ve learned from writing and editing the Econsultancy blog over the last decade. It demonstrates how a strategic and creative approach to content and measurement can pay dividends”.
Graham Charlton, Editor-in-Chief
What you’ll learn
- Important considerations for planning a content marketing strategy to help focus on long-term goals.
- Ways to approach content creation, generate ideas and find inspiration.
- How to present and format your content to appeal to the eye and draw readers in.
- Why it’s important to make the most of internal linking for both SEO as well as improving the user experience.
- Tips for producing ‘evergreen’ content – the gift that keeps on giving.
- Channels for promoting and distributing your content, as well as timing considerations for maximum impact.
- How to measure the performance of your content to optimise future creation.
Who should read this report?
This guide has been written primarily for writers and editors but is equally applicable to ‘content producers’ in general, such as PR or marketing teams.
Guidance on developing a content strategy
We look at your people, process and technology, to help:
- Develop frameworks to assess your content.
- Review metrics, production and distribution channels.
- Implement tools to develop your strategy and manage your ROI.