Econsultancy’s second State of Marketing Attribution report, produced in association with AdRoll, seeks to establish current adoption levels, confidence in usage and the effectiveness of different attribution methods used by companies.
It also focuses on the skills required for success and the barriers to effective use of modelling.
The report is based on an online survey of almost 1,000 practitioners from Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
With comparisons between North America, Europe, Japan and Australia throughout the report, the study builds on last year’s research which was predominantly focused on the European perspective.
- Current usage and confidence in attribution. There has been an uptick in usage of marketing attribution since last year, reflecting increased recognition about the role this discipline can play in helping companies to achieve their business goals. Despite this increased usage, there is still a lack of confidence in the marketplace surrounding the use of marketing attribution and related technology.
- Types of attribution. Many companies are still using simplistic attribution models which are limiting their ability to make the best possible decisions for their businesses.
- Technology used for attribution. Organisations have become less confident in the ability of their technology to support their attribution-related requirements, despite the increased availability of software in the marketplace.
- Attribution challenges. Companies are more likely to blame technology limitations and disparate data this year, and less likely to blame a lack of time.
- Impact of attribution. Optimisation of the media mix is the number one attribution goal for 2017, overtaking understanding of the customer journey which was the key objective in 2016.
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
To access all of our premium content, including invaluable research, insights, elearning, data and tools, you need to be a subscriber.
Explore our subscription options and get instant access for you, your team and your organisation to a wealth of resources designed to help you achieve excellence in marketing.View our subscription options