The 12th annual Email Marketing Industry Census, published in partnership with Adestra, takes an in-depth look at email practices being adopted, and covers key topics such as marketing automation, segmentation, personalisation and optimisation for different devices.
The future of email also has its own dedicated section, including questions on artificial intelligence and predictive analytics.
With 12 years’ worth of data to assess, this provides an unparalleled opportunity to measure the state of the industry and find out how those at the coalface of email marketing are operating.
Over 700 respondents took part in the 2018 Census, which took the form of an online survey in March and April 2018.
What you’ll learn
- Find out how a variety of trends around email practices, budgets and opinions have changed over 12 years.
- Discover other marketers’ opinions on what the future of email will look like.
- Benchmark your own practices with the activities of marketers maximising their email efforts.
- Understand the challenges organisations are facing in improving their email capabilities.
Key findings from the report
- Email continues to be the most effective marketing channel, though fewer marketers report stellar performance
- Too many companies are relying on superficial metrics without looking at the bigger commercial picture
- Marketing automation is top of mind, but still a work in progress
- Personalisation at scale remains a tough nut to crack
- The backdrop of GDPR looms large for email marketers
- Companies continue to wrestle with device optimisation
- Responsibility for email marketing moves to teams, with design and content sucking up more time
- Email technology early adopters plan for future of email with artificial intelligence and predictive solutions
The report contains insight and comment from leading experts in the email marketing world and associated digital sectors, including:
- Rachel Aldighieri, Managing Director, DMA
- David Baker, Partner, RedPill Email
- Andrew Campbell, Martech Director, First 10
- Stephanie (Sam) Miller, Lead Advisor for Digital Transformation, Econsultancy USA
- Kath Pay, Founder and Senior Consultant, Holistic Email Marketing
- Jordie van Rijn, Founder of emailvendorselection.com and eMailMonday
- Natalie Rockall, Founder, Eleven11 Digital
- Philip Storey, Principal Email Marketing Consultant, Enchant Agency
- Rikke Thomsen, Head of Email Marketing, Sleeknote
- Jenna Tiffany, Founder and Strategy Director, Let’s Talk Strategy
- Tim Watson, Email Consultant, Zettasphere