The 2019 Digital Trends report, published by Econsultancy in association with Adobe, looks at the most significant digital-related trends that are driving marketing and customer experience strategies in the short to medium term, with a focus on understanding what companies are prioritising and what they regard as the greatest challenges.
The report is based on a global survey of nearly 13,000 marketing, advertising, ecommerce, creative and IT professionals working for both brands and agencies.
Key insights from the research include:
- Those companies that are succeeding are delivering first-class, personalised customer experiences built on a foundation of integrated marketing and CX technology.
- The most dominant theme emerging from this year’s research is the importance of customer data, and the greater levels of urgency that are apparent when it comes to harnessing data for commercial gain.
- Companies are seeking greater control and ownership of their data, with a focus on compliance and concern about ‘walled gardens’.
- AI has gained significant traction in the last year, but there are still significant barriers preventing organisations from reaping the benefits.
As well as all survey respondents, Econsultancy and Adobe would particularly like to thank the following interviewees for their contributions to this research:
- Lynne Biggar, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, Visa
- Angus Cormie, Ecommerce Director for Consumer and Small Business, Dell
- Kristof Fahy, CMO (Interim), Checkatrade.com
- Clive Grinyer, Consultant
- James Keady, Director of Digital Engagement for Asia and EMEA, Citibank
- Jennifer LaFrance, Director of Global Digital Strategy, McCormick & Company
- Laurence Parkes, Chief Strategy Officer, Rufus Leonard
- Ivan Pollard, Global CMO, General Mills