Over the last two decades a swathe of price comparison websites (PCW) have emerged, offering consumers a one-stop-shop for comparing the prices of a product or service.
PCWs such as uSwitch, Confused.com, MoneySuperMarket and GoCompare are an important part of the marketing mix, providing direct digital sales and contributing to other sources. It is a growing market that continues to evolve as technology advances, data is shared, consumers are increasingly empowered with intelligence and brands strive for deeper customer engagement.
This report looks at the growth in PCWs, the role they play in a brand’s marketing mix (including both challenges and opportunities), how best to manage such an affiliate relationship, how it has an impact on the customer relationship and what the future of this channel holds.
Econsultancy would like to thank the following interviewees who contributed to this report:
- Michael Coulson, Founder and MD, ManagedPrintCompare.com
- Samuel Day, CMO, Confused.com
- Rebecca Dibb-Simkin, Marketing Director, Octopus Energy
- Sónia Gabriel, Head of Ecommerce, Altice Portugal
- Peter Harrison, former Commercial Director at MoneySuperMarket (now Commercial Director at customer data platform Intilery.com)
- Mohammad Khan, Partner, General Insurance Leader, PwC
- Ceri McMillan, Head of Media and Brand, GoCompare
- Andy Muddimer, Head of Digital, Santander UK
- Jon Ostler, CEO (UK), Finder
- Lloyd Page, Marketing Director, MoneySuperMarket
- Bart Quinton Smith, Head of Digital Marketing, TUI UK and Ireland