This guide has been written to help the retail sector move along the omnichannel journey towards omnichannel excellence. Its purpose is to give brands an understanding of the current retail landscape, which key challenges they need to address and how, and the opportunities that await.
Retailers need to understand how to develop and implement effective omnichannel strategies that capitalise on today’s fragmented customer journey. Data is at the heart of this transformation, requiring retailers to get a clear view of where their data sits, set clear objectives about what they need from their information, and integrate the various online and offline data sources to create both a single customer view and a single view of stock.
This report looks at the key considerations involved in realising this omnichannel way of working, the common challenges that need to be overcome, and where the biggest opportunities lie.
Econsultancy would like to thank the following interviewees who contributed to this report:
- Jemima Bird, Founder, Hello Finch
- Briony Garbett, Customer Director, Oasis Fashion
- Helena Carre, EMEA Omnichannel Analytics, Kimberly-Clark and former General Merchandising Analytics, Tesco
- Allen Nance, CMO, Emarsys
- Marc Warburton, Founder of FMCG consultancy firm daedal, former Head of e-business at Danone and former Ecommerce & Digital Controller at United Biscuits
- John Meaden, Marketing Director, Toolstation
- Martin Newman, Chairman of Practicology and Non-Executive Director of White Stuff
- Andrew Mann, Partner, NorthBailey
- Martin Francis, Interim MD, Watchshop and The Watch Hut (Watches of Switzerland Group) and former Director of Global Multichannel Trading at House of Fraser
- Dave Abbott, Head of Instore Technology, The Dune Group