Author: Monica Savut, Econsultancy
Pages: 158 pages
Structure: Market trends and issues; SWOT analysis; tips and pitfalls; profiles of 15 ad servers; summary matrix and charts (for comparing suppliers)
About this guide
Econsultancy's Ad Serving Buyer's Guide is an invaluable source for those investigating the market for ad serving solutions, with profiles of 15 suppliers and detailed information about the trends and issues affecting the online display advertising sector. The 158-page report also contains useful advice for those seeking a suitable supplier, with tips for identifying the right ad serving solution to meet your needs.
The report starts with a look at the recent trends in the online display advertising market, as well as an assessment of the ad serving sector's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
Trends covered in this guide include:
- The role of the ad server is changing, forcing providers to reconsider their approach.
- The significant growth of social media advertising puts Facebook and Twitter on a collision course with Google, Yahoo and other major players.
- Despite the hype surrounding in-game advertising, it is not expected to represent a major revenue driver.
- First-party ad serving providers are benefiting from increased demand for actionable insights and are expected to drive growth in the ad serving sector.
- New ad formats and advanced targeting techniques aim to increase engagement, relevance and acceptance.
- Mobile and video advertising growth is accelerating, but standardisation is still holding back these channels.
Table of contents
- About Econsultancy
- Executive Summary
- The Market
- Market definition and scope of report
- Core capabilities
- Who are the customers?
- Who is this report aimed at?
- Note on market valuation
- The online display advertising market – value and growth
- Market trends
- The role of the ad server is changing
- Facebook and Twitter challenge Google’s dominant position in display advertising
- In-game advertising: is it really paying off?
- First-party ad serving in a data-driven ecosystem
- New ad formats and advanced targeting techniques aim to increase engagement, relevance and acceptance
- Advertisers demand more transparency and brand safety
- Mobile and video advertising growth is accelerating
- Return on investment
- Market definition and scope of report
- Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT)
- Costs and Pricing Models
- ASP/hosted solutions
- Licensed software
- Additional service costs
- Open source
- Finding the Right Ad Serving Solution - Tips and Pitfalls
- Publisher or agency technology?
- Delivery model
- Cost versus value
- Single or multiple vendors?
- Pedigree of supplier
- Technology/interface and usability
- Customer service and support
- Other considerations
- Market Positioning Charts
- Explanation for Chart 1: Business focus
- Explanation for Chart 2: Geographical focus
- Market positioning overview: Business focus
- Market positioning overview: Geographical focus
- Supplier Matrix
- Publisher solutions matrix
- Agency/Advertiser solutions matrix
- Supplier Marketplace and Profiles
- 24/7 Media
- Facilitate Digital
The 15 ad servers profiled are:
24/7 Media, Adap.tv, ADTECH, aiMatch, Atlas, DoubleClick, Facilitate Digital, MediaMind, Mediaplex, OpenX, RealVu, TradeDoubler, TruEffect, Videoplaza, ZEDO.
Who is this guide for
It is primarily aimed at organisations who are looking for an ad serving solution or are reviewing the capabilities of their current supplier.
The report is also relevant to anyone interested in understanding the current state of the online ad serving marketplace. The content of this guide is relevant globally.
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more detail about what is in the report.
We have also published a Real-Time Bidding Buyer's Guide.
How much does this report cost?
You can purchase just this report for $695.
However, become a Small Business subscriber and you get total access to all our research for as little as $795.
As a Small Business subscriber you get complete access to 700+ of our research reports for a whole year. This includes all past research and all the new research we publish during the year.
Get access to Econsultancy's multi award-winning research and guides. You join our community of the world's leading digital marketing and e-commerce practitioners. Read testimonials from other subscribers to see how valuable they find Econsultancy as a resource to help them become smarter digital marketers.
Cheapest and fastest way to get this report: Become a Small Business subscriber now »
Consider your options: Find out more about why you should subscribe