About this report
Best Practices in Digital Display Advertising: How to make a complex ecosystem work efficiently for your organization is a 49-page, comprehensive exploration of display advertising. Advertising online is a process that can involve multiple agencies and numerous technologies, all as part of a nominally creative endeavor. The guide explains and organizes this world so marketers can make better decisions and increase efficiency.
Display advertising is a key piece of the digital puzzle for marketers who are planning campaigns to build brands or achieve direct response. This report guides both experienced and beginning marketers through the vagarious, necessary, vendors, and explains their role and functions in the incredibly complicated display advertising ecosystem.
Topics covered extensively include disruptive emergent technology, key changes to well-known and established services, guidance on planning, and how-to advice for discovering, segmenting, buying, serving, measuring and attributing digital media ad units.
Table of contents
- About Econsultancy
- About the Author
- Background to this Report
- Who is this Report for?
- The Digital Display Ecosystem
- The Demand Side
- The Supply Side
- In the Middle: Technologies Driving the Ecosystem
- SSPs and Publisher Tools
- Data Suppliers and Providers: The New Data Ecosystem
- Guide to Segmentation Data
- Ad Networks
- DSPs and Trading Desks
- Ad Serving and Workflow Management Tools
- Research, Verification, and Attribution
- Chapter Summary: Ecosystem Best Practices
- Media Buying and Management
- Ad Workflow Platforms
- Workflow Platforms
- Trading Desks
- Demand-Side Platforms
- Self-Service Platforms
- Chapter Summary: Media Buying and Management
- Collection and Storage: Scale, Cost, and Ownership
- Consolidation and Insights: Welcome to the (Second and Third) Party
- Making it Work
- Final Thoughts
- Available DMPs, by Type
- Third Party Data Exchanges / Platforms
- Legacy Networks
- Pure Play DMPs
- Audience Measurement
- Chapter Summary: Attribution
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more detail about what is in the report.