Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
The Christmas 2013 Online Shopping Survey Report, free to registered users, is based on a survey of 1,000 consumers in the UK and another 1,000 in the US, carried out using Toluna QuickSurveys, in January 2013.
Online retail has grown rapidly over the last decade, and the research gives insight into the behaviour of consumers over Christmas, one of the busiest periods for ecommerce. The findings build on the trends shown in last year's report; the growth of ecommerce, driven in part through an increased use of smartphones and tablets for online shopping, and improving user experience and services such as click and collect.
Since we have also polled US consumers, we can compare online shopping habits on both sides of the Atlantic. There are a few differences. For example, UK consumers are more likely to have relied on the internet for the majority of their Christmas shopping.
- Proportion of Christmas shopping that was done online in 2013, compared to Christmas 2012
- Using a mobile or tablet for Christmas shopping
- Fulfilment of online retailers' delivery promises
- Attitudes toward retailers failing to deliver on time
- Reserving items online for in-store collection
- Using a mobile while shopping in store to check reviews and prices
- Avoiding to make an online purchase due to a lack of convenient delivery options
- Paying extra to have an item delivered on the same day, or during a specific one-hour window
- Using gift wrapping services offered by some online retailers
- How much research into what gifts to purchase, prices etc. took place online
Download the report to find out more.
- Christmas 2013 Online Shopping Survey Report (626 KB PDF)
- Christmas 2013 Online Shopping Survey Report Data (34.2 KB Microsoft Excel)