Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
Author: Monica Savut, Econsultancy
Structure: Market trends and issues, SWOT analysis, tips and pitfalls, profiles of 21 vendors, summary matrix and charts (for comparing vendors)
About this guide
The Content Management Systems (CMS) Buyer’s Guide is a great resource for organizations who are trying to understand what platforms are on offer in this complex marketplace.
The report contains market research and trends, plus tips (and pitfalls to avoid) to help you find the right web content management (WCM) supplier. The report is relevant for both enterprise-level buyers and SMBs.
The report starts with a look at the recent trends in the content management industry, as well as an assessment of the sector's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
Trends covered in this guide include:
- Consolidation continues as independent WCM solutions are integrated into enterprise software suites.
- Marketers take control of web content and focus on business outcomes.
- "Out-of-the-box" content management systems morph into web experience management solutions.
- WCM brings content and context together to maximize customer engagement.
- Demand for agile development drives growth of cloud-based solutions.
Table of contents
- About Econsultancy
- Executive Summary
- The Market
- Market overview
- Market trends
- Consolidation continues as independent WCM solutions are integrated into enterprise software suites
- Marketers take control of web content and focus on business outcomes
- “Out-of-the-box” content management systems morph into web experience management solutions
- WCM brings content and context together to maximize customer engagement
- Demand for agile development drives growth of cloud-based solutions
- Return on investment
- Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT)
- Costs and Pricing Models
- Tips and Pitfalls
- Do you fully understand your requirements?
- Have you assessed the resources you have available?
- Internal resources
- What is the pedigree of your supplier?
- Evaluating the technology
- Are you future-proofing your content management system?
- Market Positioning Charts
- Explanation for Chart 1: Target market
- Market positioning overview: Target market
- Explanation for Chart 2: Technology focus
- Market positioning overview: Technology focus
- Supplier Matrix
- Supplier Marketplace and Profiles
- Adobe CQ
- Amaxus (Box UK)
- Blaze (Byte9)
- Cookie Jar (Solid State Group)
- Drupal (Acquia)
- GOSS Interactive
- IBM Web Content Manager
- Joomla (Open Source Matters)
- LavaSuite Content (DesignUK)
- Limelight Networks Dynamic Site Platform
- OpenText Web Experience Management
- SDL Tridion (SDL)
- Squiz Matrix (Squiz)
The report contains profiles of the following platforms:
Adobe CQ, Alterian, Amaxus (Box UK), Blaze (Byte9, formerly WORKSsitebuilder), concrete5, Cookie Jar (Solid State Group), Drupal (Acquia), Ektron, EPiServer, GOSS Interactive, IBM Web Content Manager, Joomla (Open Source Matters), LavaSuite Content (DesignUK), Limelight Networks Dynamic Site Platform, OpenText Web Experience Management, SDL Tridion (SDL), SilverStripe, Sitecore, Squiz Matrix (Squiz), TERMINALFOUR, TYPO3
The following vendors were invited to take part but declined to submit profiles for this report, or could not meet the deadline: Alfresco, Percussion (CM System), dotAgency (dotEditor), ExpressionEngine, Oracle (FatWire), e-Spirit (FirstSpirit), Symphony, VYRE and WordPress.
Who is this guide for?
It is primarily aimed at organizations who are looking for a content management system or reviewing their existing capability. It is also relevant for others, including vendors and analysts, who want to research this market.
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more detail about what is in the report.
- Content Management Systems (CMS) Buyer's Guide (5.57 MB PDF)
Joomla (Open Source Matters)
- Internet Statistics Compendium
- Quarterly Digital Intelligence Briefings
- South-East Asia Digital Marketing Trends Briefing: Key takeaways from Digital Cream Singapore
- Quarterly Digital Intelligence Briefing: From Content Management to Customer Experience Management
- Digital Marketing and Ecommerce Trends and Predictions for 2014 (Mandarin version)