Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
This is the fifth annual Customer Engagement Report, produced in association with cScape. This is the most comprehensive and influential report available on customer engagement, and features expert commentary from the likes of Jim Sterne, Adam Hibbert, Ron Shevlin, Richard Sedley, Steve Woods and Ian Jindal.
The research is useful for those who want to get an overview of customer engagement strategies and tactics, and the extent to which companies are adapting to changing customer behaviour and attitudes, and increased use of social media and the mobile channel.
The 74-page report is based on a survey of more than 1,000 respondents, carried out in September and October 2010.
Respondents include client-side digital marketers and digital agencies.
The report findings are divided into the following sections:
- Customer engagement strategy
- Tactics, behaviour and attitudes
- The social enterprise (i.e. extent to which companies are adopting social media)
Report highlights include:
- Almost three-quarters of responding companies (74%) believe that their customer engagement strategy is either "very successful" or "quite successful". This combined figure is an increase from 71% last year.
- Email newsletters, presence on social networks and micro-blogging are the tactics most likely to result in a tangible improvement to companies' online customer engagement.
- Significantly more companies than last year are planning to increase investment in user-generated content, on-site branded communities/forums and rich on-page interactive experiences.
- More than half of companies (54%) are planning to invest in social media as a customer service channel.
- The vast majority of company respondents (73%) are planning to invest in the mobile channel in 2011. This compares to 60% who said they planned mobile investment at the same stage a year ago.
- SAMPLE: Customer Engagement Report 2011 (706 KB PDF)
- Customer Engagement Report 2011 (2.14 MB PDF)