Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
There is a newer version of this report available: Customer Engagement Report 2011
This is the fourth annual Customer Engagement Report, produced in association with cScape. This is the most comprehensive and influential report available on customer engagement, and features expert commentary from the likes of Andy Beal, Jim Sterne, Eric T. Peterson, Ron Shevlin, Martha Russell, BJ Fogg and Ian Jindal.
The research is useful for those who want to get an overview of customer engagement strategies and tactics, and the extent to which companies are adapting to changing customer behaviour and attitudes, and increased use of social media and the mobile channel.
The 56-page report is based on a survey of more than 1,000 respondents, carried out in October and November 2009.
Respondents include client-side digital marketers and digital agencies.
The report findings are divided into the following sections:
- Customer engagement strategy
- Tactics, behaviour and attitudes
- 'Enterprise 2.0' (i.e. extent to which companies are adopting a 'social business design')
- Mapping and measurement
- The proportion of company respondents who regard customer engagement as “essential” has increased to 55%, up from 52% in 2008 and 50% in 2007.
- Email newsletters are the tactic most likely to have resulted in a tangible improvement to an organisation’s online customer engagement.
- The tactics which have come to the forefront for driving customer engagement are social networking and Twitter activity. Presence on social networks has almost doubled, while micro-blogging has gone up five-fold.
- Only a small minority of organisations (6%) say they have a customer engagement strategy which seamlessly embraces mobile marketing.
- Web analytics play a pivotal role in gathering intelligence, and over half of companies surveyed (51%) say this is useful for engaging customers online.
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more detail about what is in the report.
- SAMPLE: Customer Engagement Report 2010 (687 KB PDF)
- Customer Engagement Report 2010 (2.31 MB PDF)
- Econsultancy's Certificate in Digital Marketing & Google AdWords Qualified Individual Certification **HRDF Claimable** - Malaysia
- Content Strategy, Editorial Planning & Content Calendars
- Intensive: Mastering Social Media
- Multichannel Marketing and the Customer Journey
- Masterclass in Lead Generation - Singapore